It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #3

nisaba

rachelcat said:
Yes, yes! A must-have. It's clever and fun, the illustrations are excellent, and it's in a TIN! Can't lose! Buy!
Yes! And you can put biscuits in the tin afterwards!

HighPriestess

I already posted in de-enabling, but I like to look at both sides before I make a decision. Could someone enable me for either the Animals Divine or the Celtic Dragon? I made a list of the pros and cons for each deck earlier and it's split 50/50.

DaughterOfDanu

HighPriestess said:
I already posted in de-enabling, but I like to look at both sides before I make a decision. Could someone enable me for either the Animals Divine or the Celtic Dragon? I made a list of the pros and cons for each deck earlier and it's split 50/50.

I own both.

I personally prefer the Animals Divine. The artwork is really gorgeous and the accompaniment book discusses the mythological gods and goddesses and why they were chosen for that particular card. The colours are nice and soft, easy on the eyes, joyful and lighthearted. And the suits aren't switched around like in the Celtic Dragon.

*Enabler in training here!* My first enabling attempt.

HighPriestess

TreeLeafe said:
I own both.

I personally prefer the Animals Divine. The artwork is really gorgeous and the accompaniment book discusses the mythological gods and goddesses and why they were chosen for that particular card. The colours are nice and soft, easy on the eyes, joyful and lighthearted. And the suits aren't switched around like in the Celtic Dragon.

*Enabler in training here!* My first enabling attempt.

Well, I do like soft colours!
I don't mind the suit switch, I have the Fantastical Creatures which also has swords as fire and wands as air.

I guess I'm more concerned with how each deck reads.

DaughterOfDanu

HighPriestess said:
Well, I do like soft colours!
I don't mind the suit switch, I have the Fantastical Creatures which also has swords as fire and wands as air.

I guess I'm more concerned with how each deck reads.

In my opinion, the Animal's divine reads a bit better. I found that I could connect better to the animal in whatever situation the card depicts. It was easier for me to see what was going on than just seeing a person holding two pentacles with a dragon behind them.

FaireMaiden

TreeLeafe said:
In my opinion, the Animal's divine reads a bit better. I found that I could connect better to the animal in whatever situation the card depicts. It was easier for me to see what was going on than just seeing a person holding two pentacles with a dragon behind them.
Agreed. I find the pics much more evocative than the Celtic Dragon which, to me, is a bore, *sigh*.

Sinduction

Can anyone enable me on that beautiful Argentinian Marsella Tarot? (this one) I've been lusting for months now but the price is kind of holding me off. I just found that I have all but $8 in my paypal account so really, it's almost free. Please help!

Chiska

Enabler to the rescue!

DO IT!! DO IT!!

That isn't constructive enabling, exactly...

Wendywu

I have this deck and it really is a warm, inviting deck to look at and use. Somehow it seems "more" than a lot of TdM's. I really do think it is an excellent addition to anyone's collection, and certainly one that I have never even considered culling from mine...

Le Fanu

Buy it, then sell to me! I'll forgive you a little profit ;)

Pleeeeease!