Your Spread Habits?

Soaring Eagle

That is proving to be a very popular spread. It's being used (as far as I'm aware) in next year's Tarot Calendar as well. Let me know how you get on:D :thumbsup:

Sorry about not posting a response sooner. I have found that the Crow's Eye spread is one of my FAVORITES. :) It is a very good spread that I have really come to rely upon.

poopsie

Hi Enriana, I'll try to answer your questions:

Do you keep a lot of spreads in your head, or do you refer to an outside source (notebook, website, spreadsheet, etc)?

There are some I already remember because I keep using them such as the Celtic cross and I sometimes put some innovations. Most of the spreads I use i also get from our AT forum as well as books. The AT is quite extensive and varied so I am often able to find what I need but just put some variations.

Do you have a bunch of general spreads that you tailor to a situation, or a few spreads for each general category (relationships, work, self-exploration, etc) that you pick and choose from?

In my case, the spreads depend on the questions or issues I raise. There are moments wherein I use a particular spread but change some of the position meanings. Often, I create my own spreads when i discover new insights.

Do you have a specific "go-to" spread, or do you try to use as many different spreads as possible?

The Celtic cross with variations is a favorite. I also discovered the Be Inspired by the Muses spread from here as well as the Colors of the Rainbow which I consider as favorites. I Use the celtic cross for general readings to know where I am right now and what I should focus on in the next few weeks. The Colors of the Rainbow which I picked up from here is what I use for understanding changes or issues and how to deal with them or what to consider. If I want strength and just to feel whole, I use the Muses. I don't limit myself to these but I find them quite interesting.

Do you prefer to stick with spreads you already know super well, or do you like to learn/try as many new ones as you can?
I'd like to try as many as I could which is why I often pick up some of these from AT.

I do keep a journal of the spreads I use.

I hope this helps.

Tuilirose

Thanks AJ, for the link to the AT Spread Index.
It truly IS a jewel of the Forum, so organized and inclusive. Wonderful information!

Morwenna

I love spreads. :heart:

I got some I liked from books (some from books for specific decks) and now quite a few from AT; but the ones I like for myself are the analytical ones (the self-help or psychological or "understanding yourself" [thank you] spreads). I don't use Celtic Cross or any other predictive spreads for myself, though I do use them for others. And I don't mind large spreads; in fact sometimes I really like them. I'm not a "quickie-draw-for-the-day" person; every time I've tried it I've scared myself. No predictions. Nope. Go away. :p

My favorite spreads I've written into a small fat spiral notebook that still has plenty of room. :) Every so often I look them over and try memorizing them, in case I should ever want to use them in public. I have memorized a handful over the years already, but the specialized seasonal ones I want to learn better.

I've tweaked a few already-published spreads, but I never felt like inventing any, except one which I posted here some time ago, and it's Large! :D