I just released a Tarot Book: "365 Tarot Activities"

seakla

Hello Aeclectic forum members! I don't post much and probably haven't posted in a year or more, but I just don't do message boards anymore. However, Aeclectic Tarot is a great Tarot source for me and I use the website itself a lot.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I just released a new Tarot book titled "365 Tarot Activities" in January 2014 (author name Deanna Anderson...I forget that on here I have a user name that is different lol). Aeclectic Tarot is having someone review it for me as I type this.

It is a guide book for learning Tarot but instead of me just reciting what each card means, the book is filled with over 365 activities for learning Tarot. Some are simple such as "write key words for all the Minor Arcana" and some are more complex, some of the activities are meant for groups, some are prompts for creative or journal writing, some ask you to look at the cards in a different way, some prompts are to try new spreads, etc.

You can see what I am talking about by going to Amazon and searching the title then choosing "look inside the book."

I hope that with this book reader's will find unique and meaningful ways to learn, use, and interact with Tarot. It was written with Rider-Waite in mind but can be used for all Rider-Waite based decks and Oracle, Medicine, Angel, or other such fortune-telling decks.

I hope you check it out and if you do buy, read, and use the book please give me some feedback--even negative feedback is okay if it is constructive criticism! :)

GotH

Very cool. Congrats and good luck to ya with the sales of this book...

seakla

Thanks! I forgot to mention that it is available in Kindle form too, and in Print it is 12.95 and in Kindle it is 7.95...although Amazon usually has deals and discounts.

For anyone in South Carolina I will be selling and signing this title at the Folly Beach Wine and Sign in April and you can get more details at http://www.diannshaddox.com/folly-beach-wine--sign.html.

Most likely I will be selling it at a discount, I am thinking $10.00 at the Wine and Sign as I like even numbers when I am out doing signings.

If anyone here is interested in purchasing an autographed book directly from me (buying from the internet the books won't be autographed of course) just email me at (email removed by Moderator) and we can figure out details.

My website is andersondeanna.weebly.com.

Rhiamon

I bought this yesterday on my Kindle...so far enjoying it.

3ill.yazi

I wrote one, too! It's 365 pages that each say, "buy another deck." :)

Jk This looks like a great book! Success!

seakla

I wrote one, too! It's 365 pages that each say, "buy another deck." :)

Jk This looks like a great book! Success!

Lol...quickest book ever written huh? Just-cut-n-paste "buy another deck" a bazillion times.

Actually, "buy another deck" is actually one of the activities I list. They are like potato chips, you can't stop with just one.

seakla

I bought this yesterday on my Kindle...so far enjoying it.

Great! Thanks! Hope it is helpful, some of it is beginner stuff but also wanted enough in there for people who have been working with Tarot a long time. Its intent is to help learn Tarot, be confident in reading cards, and for ideas on what to do when sometimes we want to work with Tarot but not necessarily a reading.

LeRoy3

Will this be available for nooks in the near future?

seakla

Will this be available for nooks in the near future?

Unless Kindle is compatible with nook, then no (and forgive me, I am not e-reader savvy). I published it through Create Space with Amazon and they only do Kindle so I have no control over getting it on Nook. :-(

Gillyboo

Book

I just picked up the Kindle version. I'm always searching for card activities, so I look forward to your book!