Spread on someone else's feelings

katep

Hi

I have 2 related questions. Is it ethical/ok to do a spread looking at how someone else is feeling if you don't have their permission?

And if it is, can someone recommend one?

I have a non verbal sister with a severe learning disability. I want to try to get an insight into how she is feeling, check she is happy. I can't ask her permission as I don't think she would understand.

Thanks.

Bonny

Hey ,

Good on you for being so compassionate as to try to intuit the feelings of your sister!

Yes, in my view you could use cards just as easily as you could use observation of other feedback as you interact with or reflect on your connection with her.
So long as your heart is in the intention of kindness and love it is morally ok, to my way of thinking. Go courageously and assist her where you can!

I don't know or have a spread.

Just saying a prayer or intention , sitting quietly and asking a question and listening to a one card draw or something like that could help...

B:)

Bonny

Excellent !!

DDwarks

Hi

I have 2 related questions. Is it ethical/ok to do a spread looking at how someone else is feeling if you don't have their permission?

And if it is, can someone recommend one?

I have a non verbal sister with a severe learning disability. I want to try to get an insight into how she is feeling, check she is happy. I can't ask her permission as I don't think she would understand.

Thanks.

I have a daughter in the same boat as your sister and I read for her. Too right I do! I'm not doing it to be noisy I'm doing it because I need to know what's going on and how I can make things better/easier for her. I have to protect her.
Just because she can't express how she feels and what she needs doesn't mean she has to go unheard and it's my job to have her back.
I say good on you!

If you fancy doing a reading exchange with me let me know. I'll be more than happy to read on your sister and you can read on my daughter.
The spread Metafizzypop has linked is interesting but I can't see it being appropriate for our loved ones. It'd be too heartbreaking and doesn't offer us (parents and siblings) with manageable ideas on how to help them. They are non verbal and feel/see differently.
We'll have to work on a new spread though but I'm more than happy to do that.
PM me if you want to give a go.

katep

Ddwarks what a lovely offer. I will definitely PM you.