Help me choose my first Lenormand Deck!

BeyondtheVeil

Nemia

;-))))

Books - Andy B. is great, so are Caitlin Matthews and Rana George. But my nr. 1 is Andy B. His book suited my understanding of the cards so far.

Blue Bird is lovely, I wish they'd make an edition without the "pomes".

I started with Lenormand some 12 years ago but took a long break. That was before the current boom. Then, Lenormand was virtually unknown in the English speaking world and my first book was in German (Anne Biwer - good card meanings, pretty meager on the rest).

In every bookstore in Germany, you can buy Lenormand cards (especially Blue Owl and Piatnik) very cheaply. Kipper as well, they're popular.

I did start with playing cards (German playing cards, Skat cards, mainly) but didn't get off the ground. Too many other things to do...

I agree with you about the boom. I wanted to learn to read playing cards a long time ago, but I just couldn't find any resources on it. Now there seems to be a lot of info not only on tarot, but for lenormand, playing cards, runes, iching, etc.

I will check out your authors! Thanks so much for the suggestions! {{HUGS}} I will have to get one in English though my ex is pretty fluent in German, so maybe he would help me understand the book? lol

I think lenormand reads differently than the Tarot. It 'feels" more serious in that it seems like we are given 'facts'. Like someone talking to you in a 'matter of fact' way. I don't know if it is me... the deck that I am using... or that I'm just used to Tarot and Oracle cards and their "personalities". lol

Sorry for the ramble! lol I have just been thinking about that since my first reading and wondering if that is true or only my perception. Or the deck.

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

silvereye

Definitely gilded reverie lenormand bh ciro marchetti

BeyondtheVeil

Silvereye

Definitely gilded reverie lenormand bh ciro marchetti

Thanks silvereye! There are a lot of votes for that deck! :thumbsup:

Do you use it a lot? Was it your first deck?

Thanks for responding Sweetie! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

reall

Yeah.. they say glitter is the std of crafts lol It just goes everywhere! :D lol I think that the iridescent paints & glitter have a top clear coating to keep them from doing that. It does look like a lot of work, but they are gorgeous! I am just not interested in the RW deck, so my Carol deck sits somewhere in a box...somewhere in another box... hmm.. where is that deck? .. Sorry got distracted for a minute lol

I wasn't sure I would like anything except the iridescent paints and extra glitter {they are just so gorgeous and sparkly}, but I do like the second video also. :thumbsup: The person goes way too fast with showing the cards, but love her humour! She seems so fun and it made me really like the deck. I also like that she couldn't say some of the cards as I have that experience also sometimes.lol I like how the light made the foil sparkle!

I am so glad that you like colour and glitter.. or "BAM" or bling as I like to call it. :)
Yes.. please add me to the list of your Original Super Sparkly Limited Custom Edition. :thumbsup: Depending on price.. I may get more than one for the Halloween New Tarot decks that I give.

I will look for your decks and also your threads. It is hard to search AT sometimes, so I try to do a google search then it pulls up AT forums. lol

You are very welcome! I plan on getting the Chakra Lenormand here very soon. {I wouldn't be opposed to blinging that up :D}. I will also get the Chakra Tarot to go with it! If you do decide to do a custom option or just for fun the iridescent paints, glitter, and/or fun paper stuff.. I think it will definitely sell well. I have already decided that your Tarot deck will be the one I give out this year.

Thanks for sharing and liking bling too! lol

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

lolz so true!XD I don't mind but it can get you weird looks sometimes!xD ;))
yeah, will had to figure something to keep that glitters in place,,, OMG!w@,@w I'll pretend I didn't read that part about Carol deck!:)) oh! but let's say you're safe keeping it!^^ lolz :))

*nod nod* yes, glitter and pearl pens are already on my wish list!XD LOLZ ;))
holo foil would be nice for back maybe?;D I'll save that for my goth deck!;D lolz

*BAM* is the word!xD OK. it's a deal!XD you're officially 1st on my *Super Sparkly Edition list!XD lolz don't worry 1st test decks goes by *base price but shipping can be a b* from my part of the world,,,;/// but we'll work it out somehow,,, I had to make that step one day so who knows maybe it won't be that bad as I dread?!^^ lolz

He he! hope you Chakra Lenormand arrive soon!^^ be sure to post img if you decide to bling it!XD I'm sure spray sparkles would work well!:)) and be sure to note us how you like it and how it works for you?^^ ;))

p.s speaking of writing card names on playing cards imo you don't need these as you already have some of best going you way!xD you already have playing card insert and lenny illustrations are good enough to easy guess what card you're looking at?:) so just memorize card list until you have your deck and can start playing!:))

also Gilded Reverie Lenormand is must! regardless of will you use it or not as it'll be OOP=out of print soon!:)) as there is EXPANDED EDITION on the road from this yr!:)) btw put that on your wish list to!XD and be sure to check this one as well; http://www.annak-tarot.at/lenormand/read-lenormand_e.html

BeyondtheVeil

lolz so true!XD I don't mind but it can get you weird looks sometimes!xD ;))
yeah, will had to figure something to keep that glitters in place,,, OMG!w@,@w I'll pretend I didn't read that part about Carol deck!:)) oh! but let's say you're safe keeping it!^^ lolz :))

*nod nod* yes, glitter and pearl pens are already on my wish list!XD LOLZ ;))
holo foil would be nice for back maybe?;D I'll save that for my goth deck!;D lolz

*BAM* is the word!xD OK. it's a deal!XD you're officially 1st on my *Super Sparkly Edition list!XD lolz don't worry 1st test decks goes by *base price but shipping can be a b* from my part of the world,,,;/// but we'll work it out somehow,,, I had to make that step one day so who knows maybe it won't be that bad as I dread?!^^ lolz

He he! hope you Chakra Lenormand arrive soon!^^ be sure to post img if you decide to bling it!XD I'm sure spray sparkles would work well!:)) and be sure to note us how you like it and how it works for you?^^ ;))

p.s speaking of writing card names on playing cards imo you don't need these as you already have some of best going you way!xD you already have playing card insert and lenny illustrations are good enough to easy guess what card you're looking at?:) so just memorize card list until you have your deck and can start playing!:))

also Gilded Reverie Lenormand is must! regardless of will you use it or not as it'll be OOP=out of print soon!:)) as there is EXPANDED EDITION on the road from this yr!:)) btw put that on your wish list to!XD and be sure to check this one as well; http://www.annak-tarot.at/lenormand/read-lenormand_e.html

People are just jealous of the amazing bling factor! :thumbsup: lol

I will definitely post photos! It looks like I may have to post photos anyway to share the Chakra Lenormand love! :heart:

I am trying to learn the meanings, but the issue is when I do the combinations. Some seem easy, but most are confusing. lol I am going to read more tonight about it. Hopefully I will have some easy going friends on here to let me practice readings on when I start feeling more confident to try. lol

Yay!! I am glad that I am the first official on your Super Sparkly Edition list! I will just start saving now for shipping! lol :thumbsup: I'm excited for that as well. Two great decks {Chakra Lenormand and Chakra Tarot} to be welcomed to my home! :heart:

I am so excited about the Chakra Lenormand! It is so bright and cheerful. Yes.. adding bling will be perfect! Now I have to think of how I can do it. Lots of practice before I touch the deck itself. lol I am so glad that I didn't offend you!! {{HUGS}} Your deck is perfect like it is.. I just have a [ahum.... glitter problem] :D lol

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

reall

People are just jealous of the amazing bling factor! :thumbsup: lol

I will definitely post photos! It looks like I may have to post photos anyway to share the Chakra Lenormand love! :heart:

I am trying to learn the meanings, but the issue is when I do the combinations. Some seem easy, but most are confusing. lol I am going to read more tonight about it. Hopefully I will have some easy going friends on here to let me practice readings on when I start feeling more confident to try. lol

Yay!! I am glad that I am the first official on your Super Sparkly Edition list! I will just start saving now for shipping! lol :thumbsup: I'm excited for that as well. Two great decks {Chakra Lenormand and Chakra Tarot} to be welcomed to my home! :heart:

I am so excited about the Chakra Lenormand! It is so bright and cheerful. Yes.. adding bling will be perfect! Now I have to think of how I can do it. Lots of practice before I touch the deck itself. lol I am so glad that I didn't offend you!! {{HUGS}} Your deck is perfect like it is.. I just have a [ahum.... glitter problem] :D lol

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

LOLZ can't wait to see those pic!:)) once you learn basic meanings, combo will be much easier to interpret, and it's mostly intuitive thing, like same combo may tell you different thing in 1reading for 1specific question and person and other in other cases?:) just remember to calm down relax and tell what came to you naturally, and with lil practice you'll get the hang of it!:D LOLZ :)) I sign up for free reading once you got how to do it!^^:))

*nod nod* and I better go off line and finish that Tarot already! lolz :))
no need to apologize, I'm offenderproof!XD lolz and glitters are ULTIMATE decoration not a problem!^^ LOLZ :))

BeyondtheVeil

reall

LOLZ can't wait to see those pic!:)) once you learn basic meanings, combo will be much easier to interpret, and it's mostly intuitive thing, like same combo may tell you different thing in 1 reading for 1 specific question and person and other in other cases?:) just remember to calm down relax and tell what came to you naturally, and with a little practice you'll get the hang of it!:D LOLZ :)) I sign up for free reading once you got how to do it!^^:))

*nod nod* and I better go off line and finish that Tarot already! lolz :))
no need to apologize, I'm offenderproof!XD lolz and glitters are ULTIMATE decoration not a problem!^^ LOLZ :))

I'm glad that you love glitter also! It is the ultimate decoration! We can be the Bling Queens :D LOL Yes finish that amazing Tarot deck! I hope you will send sneak peeks at some of the cards :)

I am having a hard time with the Under the Roses Lenormand that I bought. It is a beautiful deck, but I just don't understand it. lol I thought I wasn't having any intuition, but I guess sort of I was. It just doesn't match the meaning on other people's blogs/etc. They have so many different meanings that I am like.. Well I'm not "supposed" to use intuition and this deck doesn't really do that. The Blue Bird Lenormand does give that sense, so until the Chakra Lenormand arrives I think I should stick with the Blue Bird. It has the poems on it, but at least I feel like I can read with it.
I am looking forward to the Chakra arriving. I think I will start a Lenormand Journal to help me along.
Yay! Thanks for signing up to be one of the first readings when I finally learn to do these readings lol You can give me critique if I need it to help me along. I think this is a great system so that is probably why I am trying too hard. lol

Thanks for your help and support love!! {{BIG HUGS}}

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

reall

I'm glad that you love glitter also! It is the ultimate decoration! We can be the Bling Queens :D LOL Yes finish that amazing Tarot deck! I hope you will send sneak peeks at some of the cards :)

I am having a hard time with the Under the Roses Lenormand that I bought. It is a beautiful deck, but I just don't understand it. lol I thought I wasn't having any intuition, but I guess sort of I was. It just doesn't match the meaning on other people's blogs/etc. They have so many different meanings that I am like.. Well I'm not "supposed" to use intuition and this deck doesn't really do that. The Blue Bird Lenormand does give that sense, so until the Chakra Lenormand arrives I think I should stick with the Blue Bird. It has the poems on it, but at least I feel like I can read with it.
I am looking forward to the Chakra arriving. I think I will start a Lenormand Journal to help me along.
Yay! Thanks for signing up to be one of the first readings when I finally learn to do these readings lol You can give me critique if I need it to help me along. I think this is a great system so that is probably why I am trying too hard. lol

Thanks for your help and support love!! {{BIG HUGS}}

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
LOLZ it's a deal!XD

don't worry, everyone intuition is different, meaning same deck can transfer the same message to different people with different card!XD so key is to find what *feels right for you!^^

hope Chakra Lenormand arrive soon!:D I'm always ready for critic! everything, everyone, anytime! should make a profession out of it?x,x lolz :))

silvereye

Thanks silvereye! There are a lot of votes for that deck! :thumbsup:

Do you use it a lot? Was it your first deck?

Thanks for responding Sweetie! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

Yes its my first deck and I'm so contented i dont feel i need another lenormand in the immediate future! The packaging is excellent n card stock quality is great. I think you Just need a good Book to go with it. I Have not been studying it for long so am just picking up on the box spread. It is really fun.

BeyondtheVeil

Yes its my first deck and I'm so contented i dont feel i need another lenormand in the immediate future! The packaging is excellent n card stock quality is great. I think you Just need a good Book to go with it. I Have not been studying it for long so am just picking up on the box spread. It is really fun.

Thanks for your comments, silvereye! {{HUGS}}

I just received the book:

The Essential Lenormand: Your Guide to Precise & Practical Fortunetelling. By: Rana George

It seems to be very helpful and full of info to help. I like her tips also. I'm glad that I bought a book specifically for lenormand. Rana George seems to have written a great book full of meanings and ideas.

What book did you get with yours?

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil