So Mercury is Going Retrograde...?

franniee

actually that helps Dave. If I can see how it is applied I can understand it better.... which is why I always bring my chart into it. :D But bringing in yours or someone elses for that matter works just as well. Thank you!

It's hard when you are trying to learn to be able to apply it without examples. :)

Barbaras Ahajusts

My chart/Barb/Dave...

I'm looking at Merc on my chart (natal)
I already have Mercury at 6 Aquarius 17" 17".
There are straight lines that run from her to my Moon in Libra, Saturn in Scorpio & Venus in Sagatarius.

Merc is starting out in my 10th house but will go back into my 11th.

If I understand this, as Merc trasps backwards (rather the illusion of this trip) she should affect all 3 houses that are linked "lines that run to" to her.

6th house, Moon in Libra / *6th house= Romance, children, fun etc.
7th house, Saturn in Scorpio / *7th house= Relationships/Partners
8th house, Venus in Sagatarius / *8th house= change

Is this correct or am I looking at to many things?

Barb

Sophie

a few questions

On the day Mercury goes retrograde, it squares my natal Neptune in the 6th house, which is involved in a Grand Trine in Water - with my natal Jupiter and Saturn. No idea what that indicates, except a lot of blurry stuff around health. I hope that's not a bad sign, as I start my next intensive course in reflexology that day :D

Around the 12th Feb, it sextiles my natal Moon in the 7th House, which squares my natal Sun and Mercury (they are conjunct). The Sextile is almost exact, as is the natal square Sun-Moon. Does that make the square stronger, or does it soften it? (because of the sextile)? This configuration repeats itself some time between the 28th and the 29th Feb.

On the 15th Feb, Mercury sextiles my natal Venus in Aries, in the 11th house. That one trines (a wide trine - 3 degrees) my natal Moon (actually a trine I feel quite strongly in reality). Does it support or undermine the trined Venus and Moon? (in other words, will I have a good Valentine's or will I be feeling rotten the next day? :D). This configuration is repeated some time between the 23rd and the 24th Feb.

On the 17th Feb, Mercury squares almost to a minute my natal North node in Taurus in the 12th house, and it does so again on the 19th. That node is involved in a wide sextile with my natal sun and mercury and squares (wide) my natal MC. Does that mean a setback for me developing new professional skills, a challenge, an advance, or not much because of the wideness of the aspects and the transience of the influence?

These are the most salient transits I can see. I have MC in Aquarius 5°30' - would that counts as a wide conjunction on the last day of the retrograde? Nothing in Leo, a Gemini ascendant that trines my MC at Gemini 3° 15'.

dadsnook2000

Some comments . . .

For Barbaras Ahajusts:
A retrograde Mercury will not likely go from the 10th to the 11th, a direct Mercury would. But, your observation that the natal Mercury, being linked to other planets and houses is valid when transiting Mercury moves across/near natal Mercury. It activates those patterns. You should expect that however these patterns work out in a general sense within your life, would now exhibit a more significant expression at these times.

For Fudugazi:
If Mercury has no natal pattern-association with those three grand-trine planets then Mercury is not likely to overly stimulate the trine, but it will tend to make the three (Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune) find a clearer way to accommodate each planet's role in your chart. In my experience, a grand-trine doesn't so much "blend" the planets as it "allows" each to take turns in expressing itself. This would suggest "go, stop, question" experiences -- how can this be rationalized?

Your Feb. 17th concerns should be short-lived as Mercury moves fast and tends not to have a "lasting" effect. The Nodal axis and square to MC can be affected, perhaps bringing a verbal or mental challenge relating to your goals.
This can be positive and reflective of what you are doing then. A little poise in working with associates should carry you through any minimal upsets.

For all:
If Mercury is hooked into another planet(s) through an aspect pattern, and if this retrograde and direct Mercury touches off any planet in that natal aspect pattern, then the pattern will be activated. Its kind of simple that way. If Mercury contacts natal planets that it has no natal aspect links to, then any Mercury activation will be a lot less and pass more quickly.
Dave

Barbaras Ahajusts

I hate admitting to this...

Dave,
I hate to admit this, but can you pretty please talk down to me?

...But, your observation that the natal Mercury, being linked to other planets and houses is valid when transiting Mercury moves across/near natal Mercury. It activates those patterns. You should expect that however these patterns work out in a general sense within your life, would now exhibit a more significant expression at these times....

In simpler terms, does this mean Rx Merc will have an impact on these houses? Will it be for good or bad being being an rx?
(Edited...I caught the end of your post and understood it. Now I am looking at this rx Merc to be easier on my 6,7 & 8th houses. Great! Thanks so much Dave!!!!)

Thanks hon!

Barb

berrieh

I'm not sure if this is the right place, or if I should post a new thread. The upcoming retrograde has my interest piqued, because there is a certain person whom changes only happen with in Mercury Retrogrades.

We were close for very little of last year, but we became close during the first Retro (Feb/March), reconnected and enriched our bond during the second one (June/July)---we hadn't lost touch in between, but we had kind of not really connected and we'd barely seen each other. We did fight a bit and lose touch over the Summer, but we repaired our bond during the third Mercury Retro (mid to late Oct). During the Mercury Retros of the past year, we talked nearly every day... that was not true of any other time.

Strange, no?

Does that say our strange friendship bond is doomed? Very important to our past somehow? Just weird? Any astrological thoughts. I know very little, but I watched that YouTube and did decide to look at past (as he says, we study the past to learn to predict the future), especially at past Mercury Retrogrades and this came out quite strong.

This particular person and I had a moment of closeness earlier this week, and I kind of wonder if it won't be another new closeness for this upcoming Retro. Weird. Anyone else have a Retro buddy? Does this mean something? The dates line up almost exactly with every single one.

dadsnook2000

Talking down to Mercury

For Barbaras Ahajusts:
We need to consider two broad issues relative to Mercury retrograde.

First, when Mercury turns retrograde it is ahead of the Sun in terms of where it is in the zodiac. It is where the Sun has yet to go. Mercury is clear headed, able to "see" without being influenced by the ego, one's desires or intent. When Mercury turns retrograde it "falls" back towards or into the Sun. Then it moves backward some more and ends up behind the Sun. Even when it again turns direct, it is "behind" the Sun's position in the zodiac, it covers ground (so to speak) that the Sun has covered, it is shaped by the Sun's intent, direction, sense of self -- in other words, Mercury sees things as it is told to see them, it talks "politically correctly".

Mercury retrograde and Mercury-direct-but-behind-the-Sun carries the Sun's garbage. If the Sun has tough aspects, that Sun-view-of-the-world colors Mercury functions of thinking, organizing, communicating. Mercury ahead of the Sun does its own Mercury-thing without regard to the Sun and its aspects.

Second, how does a retrograde Mercury affect your planets when it makes an aspect-contact with them?

1) If Mercury makes contact with a planet while it is retrograde and still "ahead" of the Sun, it seems to understand how that planet would like to express itself and cooperate with other planets that it might aspect.

2) If Mercury makes contact with a planet while retrograde and behind the Sun, it helps that planet express itself in terms of what the Sun wants and how the Sun functions. Mercury is the Sun's "gopher".

3) When Mercury goes direct, but is still behind the Sun zodiac-wise, it becomes more of a "nag" or "organizer" to serve the Sun's purpose. The planets that are contacted in this phase are urged to act as if the Sun was in aspect to them.

4) When Mercury is direct and ahead of the Sun in terms of its zodiac position, Mercury helps the planet to express itself in its true nature without regard to the Sun's natal influence by sign and house and aspects.

Does this help? Dave
Edited to add: You won't find this stuff in the books. Your responsibility is to test this in your chart to see if its true. Don't just believe me because I said it was so.

Barbaras Ahajusts

Wow

Dave,
You continue to amaze me!:bugeyed:
Ok..I got it.
I am also printing this last post of yours up with the other and will follow it for this retrograde.
(The information behind the sun and garbage, and gopher, was more than I have ever heard! Whew!)

Thank you so much! Now this is teaching! I luv it! Its funner when I understand what the heck is going on, besides that I seem to argue more with people than I normally do!

Again....thank you!

:DBarb

GoddessArtemis

Finally Merc is rx today, and the morning began with the clock in at my work not working. :laugh: Sent everyone into a tizzy, but I had to laugh and think, "Here we go".

The next 3-4 weeks should be interesting...

GA