The Antiquarian Lenormand

ladybird

ETA: The original Limited Edition has been Sold Out. Please scroll to the end of this thread for new info on the "renewed" edition. Which now comes in both poker and bridge sizes. The bridge size is borderless. Thanks!

I've spent the last 7-8 months designing and hand-making a Lenormand that I'd enjoy using. I began my search for an old playing card deck that I could use as actual inserts like you see in historic Lenormand decks. It was a long search as I snooped through shops but I eventually bumped into a late 19th century deck.

I was going for a sort of scrapbook of curiosities with an antiquarian flare. Antique illustrated plates from books, vintage advertisements, aging photographs are combined with collage wallpaper and colored by hand to create the Antiquarian Lenormand.

The original artwork is 8 1/2" X 12". I scanned each one of these "cards" on a high quality machine which resulted in high quality images when they reduced down to their card size.

ETA: Short 2 minute video showing all the cards:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bltjtfd0tyI
The video was compressed when I exported it to youtube so the quality of the video is lower than when I shot it. I hope you still get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXhELO2vHZ4 Video of the 2nd Fox Card

Available in two sizes at: www.divineMuses.weebly.com.
Each deck is numbered, signed & comes in a tuck box.
Every deck has a hand-finished black edge treatment.
There are a very limited number of the tarot-sized decks left.

Thanks!

ETA: update intro and add video links of the video showing the completed cards for sale.

Attachments

• 2.Clover.jpg
    2.Clover.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 505
  • 19.Tower.jpg
    19.Tower.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 440
  • 23.Mice.jpg
    23.Mice.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 387
  • 28.GentlemanWeb.jpg
    28.GentlemanWeb.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 388
  • 29.LadyWeb.jpg
    29.LadyWeb.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 340

Laura Borealis

I really like these! Very elegant. Simple but not too simple. I approve of the aged look.

For a minute I thought that was A.E. Waite as the Gentleman. Then I realized it's another famous gentleman... ;)

I look forward to seeing more cards as you do them.

baylys

Hey, this is AWESOME!!!!!

Well done!! The cards look great and I love the antique look of them.

MoonGypsy

So elegant and lovely! i am really looking forward to seeing more--
and hopefully--one day, to hold the completed deck in my grateful hands. :heart:

Bluefeet

Nice work! I love the Mice card. :heart: You did a great job, ladybird! :thumbsup:

celticnoodle

BEAUTIFUL!!!

I love how you did this, Ladybird. I'm also anxious to see the rest of the deck when you get them done. What a brilliant idea you have there too. truly lovely. My fave is the clover, I think. :)

Eowyn

Oh! Master of puppets and Madame Curie!!! It's a MUST HAVE!

SixDegrees

Gorgeous! Nice job!

LotusSong

I absolutely love this deck! It feels like a turn-of-the-century scrapbook. It's so beautiful; I would love to own a copy someday.

ladybird

Thank you everyone! Your support means so much. :heart:

I'll be happy to share more with you. :) I've completed 20 so far.