Career Reading -- 7 of Cups + Tower Rx with 7 of wands

BlueTarotGirl

Hi fellow tarot lovers!

This is my first post in this community. So, I am a complete newbie to tarot and just got my first deck. I recently stopped working at this job that was temporary anyway and did a spread for insight on my next job/steps.

When asked, what line of work should I look into? I got 7 of cups. So I asked for clarification (tower reversed) and an advice/action I could take here (7 of wands).
I actually did a complete spread which is not advised for beginners but I was able to somewhat figure out the other cards with a little effort.

Anyways, the first three cards I pulled out are what I've mentioned above. According to Biddy tarot, the tower reversed can mean that you are afraid of change, but you need to think BIG and take a BIG leap if you want to achieve success, even though it might be challenging.
On tarot wikipedia, she says the 7 of cups can mean alternative therapy/healing careers which is something i've been interested in.

Nevertheless, this is still very confusing. It could also just mean I have many options and I am thinking of them all/wishful thinking and need to focus but it doesn't quite answer my question.
Any help/feedback on this would be much appreciated!! :)

Barleywine

One meaning of the Sevens is a test of some kind; probably because they follow the balanced but complacent Sixes, they suggest stepping off in a new direction, but also the need for clarification as to what that next step should be. This a big issue with the 7 of Cups; with the 7 of Wands it's more about figuring out who your competitors are and getting "a leg up on them."

It's interesting to note that the number of the Tower, XVI, reduces numerologically to VII, so there is another concealed emphasis on "Seven-ness" in this line. Seven is also the number of the Chariot, a card of triumph after effort. One notion I've always favored about the Tower rx is that the falling people are more likely to land on their feet than their heads, suggesting the possibility of a "soft landing" rather than the usual traumatic impact. The effort implied by the Tower rx could be in keeping your feet under you as you step forward along a new path.

BlueTarotGirl

RE: To Barleywine

Hi Barleywine,

Thank you for your response! I actually didn't notice that the cards were all 7's so thanks for pointing that out because that's helpful and can indeed be pointing to some message.
I am still confused about the 3 cards collectively but I am trying to look at it numerologically now as you have noted.
Good observation with the Tower rx where you've perceived the people landing on their feet rather than their head -- especially for this specific question, the softer landing goes with my gut feeling that there is some sort of challenge I must work through but unlike the tower upright, it's not an upheaval that's going to cause a shock after some adverse situation.

I agree with your interpretation of the 7 of wands as getting a leg up on the competition but I also interpreted it as believing in yourself and going forth with courage.