Sabian Symbols Study Group: Cancer 19 - #109

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: CANCER
Degree: 19
Number: 109

Symbol: A FRAGILE MISS, REPRESENTATIVE OF PROUD OLD BLOOD, IS WED IN A MARRIAGE CEREMONY BY A PRIEST TO AN EAGER YOUTH OF THE NEW ORDER.

tink27

I remembered reading this symbol on Lynda Hill’s site re the Sabian Symbols and as I read this over for a second time, I think Lynda deserves full credit here for describing this symbol so well. The full description of this symbol is here: http://sabiansymbols.typepad.com/

Lynda Hill said:
Quoting from my book, 360 Degrees of Wisdom (I use Marc Edmund Jones' 1931 version of this Symbol):
‘A Fragile Miss, Representative of Proud Old Blood, is Wed in a Marriage Ceremony by a Priest to an Eager Youth of the New Order.’
Commentary: The ‘Fragility’ and respectability of the past is energized with the ‘Eagerness’ of the new. The two people marry, even though they come from quite different backgrounds. The ‘Old’ and conservative is “married” to the ‘New’ and ‘Eager’.

I also quoted her keywords here…

Lynda Hill said:
Keywords: Wedding ceremonies. Sanctified unity. Expressions of loyalty and allegiance. Making sacred vows. Commitment to a person or project. New ventures involving a lowering of accepted standards. Breaking social norms. Integration of heart and mind. Bridging generation gaps. Marriage guidance. Contracts signed and honored. Handclaspings. Hatch, match and dispatch ceremonies. Celebrants. The Caution: Rigidly following established rules at the expense of new ways that may have greater personal relevance. Forcing people to come together. Bondage to social expectations. Arranged marriages. Taking risks with partners. Conforming to the expectations of the others.

Well done! Thanks Lynda,

tink :love:

MCsea

Oh yes Tink - I agree 100% Lynda Hill has done a FANTASTIC job with the symbols- amazing - insigthful and soooo helpful - all the symbols!!

I think of the marriages of Princess Dianna and Prince Charles and more recently Mary and Prince Fredrick in Denmark with this symbol.

Here Dr Jones has the symbol simply - A priest performing a marriage ceremony and Key Word: Conformity

Ridder-Patrick Body part: Ampulla of bile duct

Element: Rose Gold

I also see it as any form of re-uniting, balancing of energies and holy promises.

MARINA

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 259