The Wild Unknown Tarot - III Wands

Sulis

This has got to be one of my favourite cards in this deck.
I look at it and it just makes me think 'Oh the possibilities'... It's like a hole, an aperture that I just need to climb through and I'll be there, in that land of swirling colours.

Three.... 3 relates to The Empress, it's the sum of 1 + 2 - no longer a line between two points but something stable, something has been created. Here you can see the bonds that lash the sticks together - 3 ordinary sticks and from that you get this magical window...

Creativity, putting it out there, community, action - this card says all of those things to me.
You've taken the energy of the Ace, you've decided that you need to do something with it, make something with it in the 2 and in the 3 you've created the possibility to do anything you want - Magic...

There is a sense of waiting to see what's on the other side, a sense of wonder, a sense of having to wait and see but climb through or peep through the window and it's all there. The roughness of the outside of the sticks says that maybe there'll be some difficulties to get through along the way, nothing worth doing is usually easy all of the time but once you're through that then you're on your way.

A beautiful card and for me it captures the essence of 3 perfectly.

tomorrowscalling

"3 relates to The Empress..."

Yes. I get a really intuitive, creative, and feminine vibe from the III of Wands.

"...3 ordinary sticks and from that you get this magical window..."

I really love your observation here! Though the palettes are different, the way Kim Krans has illustrated the center of the triangle reminds me of the crystal ball in the High Priestess. I think there is a visionary quality at play, maybe an ability to see value where others might not? You have the inner/outer support to follow your creative impulses and the triangle pointing downward signals that whatever you are envisioning can be materialized.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,618

Sulis

I really love your observation here! Though the palettes are different, the way Kim Krans has illustrated the center of the triangle reminds me of the crystal ball in the High Priestess. I think there is a visionary quality at play, maybe an ability to see value where others might not? You have the inner/outer support to follow your creative impulses and the triangle pointing downward signals that whatever you are envisioning can be materialized.

Ooh I like that, especially the bit about the downward facing triangle... Thanks.. I knew there was some significance in it being downfacing - facing Earth :).

lark

Materialize is a great word for this card!

Downward facing triangle also is the symbol for women and the three wands reminds me of that cycle; maiden, mother, crone.
That life is a cycle ever moving forward.
How we are helped by others; the three sticks lashed together...but that center point in the middle the future...well we have to venture there on our own.
Such a beautiful card.
That watery rainbow affect in the middle makes me feel fresh and new and like all things are possible.
My eye is always drawn back to the lashs holding the stick together...reminds me that whatever I do in the future there was preparation and thought before hand that lead to that future.
The long stick on the bottom too...it feels like you can hold it up before you, like, well, to tell you the truth, it reminds me of a magic mirror...that the future will become clearer over time as you keep it right before you as your goal.

Sulis

Downward facing triangle also is the symbol for women and the three wands reminds me of that cycle; maiden, mother, crone.
How we are helped by others; the three sticks lashed together...but that center point in the middle the future...well we have to venture there on our own.
Such a beautiful card.
That watery rainbow affect in the middle makes me feel fresh and new and like all things are possible.
My eye is always drawn back to the lashs holding the stick together...reminds me that whatever I do in the future there was preparation and thought before hand that lead to that future.
The long stick on the bottom too...it feels like you can hold it up before you, like, well, to tell you the truth, it reminds me of a magic mirror...that the future will become clearer over time as you keep it right before you as your goal.

My eyes have been drawn to the cords holding the sticks together too.. I like that about preparation... That fits really well.
I also like how you've linked the 3 to the maiden, mother and crone and you're right about the longer stick at the bottom almost looking like the handle of a mirror.. This card definitely looks like a magic mirror, a portal into that place of beautiful, swirling colours...

I think this may be one of my favourite 3 Wands cards ever :).

lark

Three of wands has always been a bug-a-boo card for me...one of those murky cards that feels like it has a wishy washy meaning....the ships are coming in, the ships are going out, it could be this it could be that....
But with this deck the meaning seems so clear to see...yes definitely one of my favorite cards in the deck.

celticnoodle

for me, the 3 of wands was always about desire. esp. with the image depicted in most rider wiate based cards. this deck however it makes me think of intention. the 3 sticks are tied together, and outside the triangle the colors are black and white and inside, it is the colors of the rainbow.

I'm not great at describing what I mean in words, but it just gives me the feeling with this card that (if it is drawn in a reading for me personally) I desired something and did my best to create it and I am now waiting for my intentions to materialize.

I also often get this card for trips coming up. new jobs, ect. I didn't think of the downward triangle for a woman. I do see it now, so thnx, Lark.

Thoughtful

for me, the 3 of wands was always about desire. esp. with the image depicted in most rider wiate based cards. this deck however it makes me think of intention. the 3 sticks are tied together, and outside the triangle the colors are black and white and inside, it is the colors of the rainbow.

I'm not great at describing what I mean in words, but it just gives me the feeling with this card that (if it is drawn in a reading for me personally) I desired something and did my best to create it and I am now waiting for my intentions to materialise

Your perception of this card was spot on for me. Whilst l was waiting for my deck to arrive all l could see in my minds eye was the three of wands. The expectation of receiving the cards, the beautiful energy that l knew l would see within them, the excitement knowing that they would be the colour and vision l hoped for.

Pixna

This has got to be one of my favourite cards in this deck.
I look at it and it just makes me think 'Oh the possibilities'... It's like a hole, an aperture that I just need to climb through and I'll be there, in that land of swirling colours.

There is a sense of waiting to see what's on the other side, a sense of wonder, a sense of having to wait and see but climb through or peep through the window and it's all there. The roughness of the outside of the sticks says that maybe there'll be some difficulties to get through along the way, nothing worth doing is usually easy all of the time but once you're through that then you're on your way.

Wow -- this was SO helpful! I thought this card was lovely -- but I was really struggling to make some sense of it. This totally nailed it for me -- thank you!

Such a beautiful card.

Oh yes -- the magic mirror! I adore that concept for this card and can definitely see it now. What beautiful insights. They've helped me enormously with understanding this card. Thank you!

Nemia

Since the colours inside the triangle are spectral colours, I always see the triangle as prism. Like in Newton's experiments with light. You take trivial simple light, lead it through the prism, and you discover the most beautiful rainbow colours.

If you ever looked through a prism, you know that black and white reveal at their borders spectral colors. It's like an added dimension of the world. There is no colourless black and white, only colour mixtures and relationships.

It's a lovely card of energy and insight that you find access to.

PS> these are the border spectral colours I meant:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Kantenspektrum1.jpg