3 of wands yellow water

tarotlyn

3 of wands - yellow sea!

3 of wands relates to the Empress III - creativity - productivity -
I also think: success

Hmmm...yellow sea...
I believe that the yellow is talking about "intellect and "knowledge"...

I read years ago, [in some Tarot book?] about yellow meaning this.
Can't remember the name of the book...but I definately remember the
"yellow meaning."

Wands...ideas, intellect

3...the person is using his very positive "intellect and ideas" to "create" a
good partnership, or relate to one, or to a new business, creative [Empress
III] GROWTH or production. Here maybe the person is "creating" [3]

or
He can come up easily with good ideas [wands] that can make him successful
in business and happy in his social, business, and possibly his family life.
I think he is confident in his creative ideas here.

Reversed:
Here the person is so blocked...and there is NO GROWTH or creative [3]
ideas [wands] He does not make himself happy and I don't think he knows
how to commit to a situation. Here he has no ideas, and I don't think he can
express himself either.
:T3W

tarotlyn

Oh...just thought of another meaning for the yellow sea

Just thought of another meaning for the yellow sea:

Wands [fire signs - including leo =sun]...I now see that the [fire - leo] sun is
probably shining down [with success] ONTO the sea...giving it a reflection of the sun...

...which would be at a certain time of day...perhaps late afternoon...
...when the ships come in?

Then I think, when I look at the card again, that the sun must have been
shining VERY BRIGHTLY to make that water so yellow.

More fire, more ideas - more sun, then more success.
Wands = fire = sun = leo, - leo is one of the fire signs and leo = sun again...
:T3W

LixiPixi

I feel it's quite simple actually - just as one sees the "purple mountains' majesty" so can one see a beautiful sea in yellow. IMHO, it was the time of day that the card represents....

A long day has passed waiting for the fruits of one's labor to come in. The sun is setting. It is creating a reflection on the water; one that glows yellow and can even be very hard on the eyes, at dusk.

Have you ever driven home INTO the direction of the setting sun after work? That blinding light that requires a pair of sunglasses AND an auto visor, and can STILL cause difficulty seeing the streetlight colors?

THAT's what I see being represented in the yellow of the sea in the 3 of Wands.

LP~

cdabs

Three (3) Of Wands

I started looking at this card more closely by way of the Four Of Wands. I compared both the 3 and 4 Of Wands and it looks like the wands are almost in the exact same spots....almost line-up when you put one card above the other. Of course, the 3 has one less wand on its left side. SO...this makes me wonder if the guy in the Three Of Wands...has an idea what his future may hold...(his grasp on the wand on the right)...and he is nearing completion or fruition. The ground on which he stands is choppy...maybe unsettled, but he knows where he stands.

I JUST realized/saw today that there are some extra "things" coming off his cape/tunic under his right arm. See the black, thickly-drawn lines? Any ideas as to what these are? I only see them on the Original RWS deck. The Radiant and Universal do not have them. Actually, the Universal has a blotchy, faded red looking area (you can see where the line of the tunic is broken)....as if those lines WERE there in the Universal deck, but then were later erased/taken out to smooth out the drawing.

Anyone have any ideas about'em?

willowfox

He is wearing a thick and expensive garment that is why the lines show out, just look at at very thick curtain and you will see the same thing.

cdabs

Three Of Wands

Hey Willowfox...

http://learntarot.com/bigjpgs/wands03.jpg

Are you talking about those two lines coming OFF of his tunic/cape under his right armpit? They jut out to the side....off the cape...into the air under his right arm. Those are the ones I was talking about....it just seems weird...like they're over-drawn(?). The "lines" I'm referring to ALMOST touch the 2nd pole in from the right.

It's funny...I NEVER noticed them before. Like I said earlier....they don't show up in the Universal or Radiant decks which makes me think they may have been an over-draw on the original RWS...like the extra squiggly "ray" of sunshine at the top of The Sun card http://learntarot.com/bigjpgs/maj19.jpg

willowfox

Okay, now I see what you are referring too, they are loops that hold the material across his chest when it is raining or cold. Today with have buttons that do the job on a jacket but in those days jackets and the thing he is wearing used loop cords to tie the two pieces together, very similar to how Chinese shirts used to be fastened before they had buttons.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Just to add that the extra line on the Sun looks like a mistake in the printing plate when it was etched.

cdabs

3 Of Wands

Exactly what I was talking about, Willowfox. One of my first thoughts was, "Velcro," but that wouldn't have been the case back then, huh? So...we were on the same page, however....those "loops" don't show up on the Universal OR Radiant decks and that's what made me think they might be some type of mistake/over-draw.

Could we infer, since it appears this guy's cape/tunic is NOT looped/secured/closed-up...that he is open to new things? Maybe...assuming those lines are what we think they are....loops or something similar.

The Sun, as I've read in this forum, might've gotten the extra "ray" as a way to bring the number of rays up to "22." See "Fulgour's" reply from 9.02.06 about that extra line/squiggle/ray on The Sun:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=54372&highlight=Sun

Thanks for the responses, Willowfox!

willowfox

cdabs said:
Could we infer, since it appears this guy's cape/tunic is NOT looped/secured/closed-up...that he is open to new things? Maybe...assuming those lines are what we think they are....loops or something similar.

I would imagine his cloak is unfastened because it is either late spring or early summer, so the weather would be warm and dry.