What are your favorite scents?

Briar Rose

There is also a Nag Champa soap. I had it my dresser drawer for a while, then I used it in the bath, and now it's back in another dresser drawer. Huge bar. smells great!

danieljuk

I really love lavender, citrus scents and orange one's but my fave of all is vetiver!

greatdane

these all sound yummy but I don't think I have ever smelled....

vetiver....I must check that one out. OH NAG CHAMPA SOAP! A friend got me a bar at a Renaissance Faire. OMG I put it in my drawer. Smells so good.

katieb

I LOVE vanilla, anything sweet smelling gets me going

danieljuk

vetiver is quite woody GD! they use it in Men's products quite a lot. I noticed recently it's started to become a premium scent in more expensive products! bad for my budget! I really love it because it's a very low down scent and very woody. Quite subtle. It's from a boring Indian grass :) but it has an amazing property as a plant, it stops soil erosion!

about it as a fragrance on wikipedia....

Vetiver is mainly cultivated for the fragrant essential oil distilled from its roots. In perfumery, the older French spelling, vetyver, is often used. Worldwide production is estimated at about 250 tons per annum.
Due to its excellent fixative properties, vetiver is used widely in perfumes. It is contained in 90% of all western perfumes. Vetiver is a more common ingredient in fragrances for men; some notable examples include Dior's Eau Sauvage, Guerlain Vetiver, Zizan by Ormonde Jayne and Vetiver by L'Occitane.

I want to see if I can find it as incense or something to burn now :)

Darkmage

You can find the raw herb at herbalists or metaphysical supply shops. I know from experience it doesn't smolder well, though, so if you love vetivert (and it smells soooo good), try the oil in a fragrance diffuser. That is, unless you *like* having to sift out the ash in your incense burner every time you try to burn it because it leaves long carbonized strings behind, even with it placed directly on charcoal. :/

Sandalwood, patchouli, and vetivert are heavy oils, though, and while they work in a diffuser they probably won't be very strong. That may or may not be what you want.

It's also used in prosperity magic. The oil isn't very expensive and you should be able to find it fairly easily.

danieljuk

thank you for that great advice Darkmage :)

Marirowana

I use a lot of essential oils! These are the ones I love and use the most in aromatherapy:

-Fennel. Love the soft and pure scent, I use it to purify my aura.
-Lavender. It blends well with almost any other scent, it is calming and makes the effects of other oils stronger as well. Use it on mosquitobites or other itchy bites!
-Pinetree. I love all the pine-like smells, but especially cedar. I use cedar in my homemade deodorant, because it smells warm and fresh at the same time (I love to smell like a walk in the forest :D) and it also cleanses the lymph nodes, which is important in that area.
I blend it with gardenia, lemongrass and geranium.
-Vanilla
-Chamomille

If you want to make a subtle perfume with essential oils, just mix some beeswax with another oil (I use either coconut-, almond- or hempoil) and some drops of your favourite scents. It will be a solid perfume, in a cute tiny tin. Love it!

Miss Woo

Lavender, Orange and Lime is my favourite combination. It's so uplifting.

I also love anything vanilla, and Nag Champa incense.

I don't think I have ever smelled Vetiver; I must give it a go!