The Moon Deck: an intuitive oracle set

Michellehihi

As of tonight they collected 93% of their goal

G6

I've learned over the years, a 44 card oracle is just too small to be of any long term reading use.

How many do you need?

MoonGypsy

It is a lovely deck, but the price of the package choices are a little steep for..for me,
anyway....[for a 44 card oracle deck]--along with the possible extremely long waiting period. [up to a year?] i think i need to pass...

MidoriHime

Want to back this so bad! It's beautiful and gorgeous! (Plus, I have a thing for products and people that can market themselves without being a mess lol)

But with shipping it's way too pricey for me. I hope they continue to sell even when the campaign is closed.

sevenfires

Does anyone else have this deck? If so, what do you think of it and how do you use it? Right now I'm using mine for one-card daily draws.

DaughterOfDanu

I'm really hoping to get this deck for Christmas. It's exactly what I need and I only own one other deck that features affirmations. I love the girl-power vibe of The Moon Deck and plan on using it for daily affirmations to help with my self progress and self care. :)

G6

Does anyone else have this deck? If so, what do you think of it and how do you use it? Right now I'm using mine for one-card daily draws.

How is this deck? Worth it?

DaughterOfDanu

How is this deck? Worth it?

I wound up ordering over the Thanksgiving weekend and opened my deck about a week ago so I've had some time to work with it.

I personally love it. It's an affirmation deck that revolves around women and femininity. The guidebook not only covers card meanings but includes spiritual exercises related to the card- Things like a ritual on letting go, cleansing the self, meditations, that type of thing. The cardstock is nice and the artwork features women of all ages, races, and body types. It is very new agey which some people may dislike.

What I like most about it is how genuine it feels. It's clear the women who put this deck together put a lot of heart and soul into it. This isn't a deck that was mashed together to make a quick buck. Great thought and care went into it's creation.

If there's anything you're wanting to know about the deck specifically I can try my best to answer. But that's my general impression of The Moon Deck so far :)

G6

I wound up ordering over the Thanksgiving weekend and opened my deck about a week ago so I've had some time to work with it.

I personally love it. It's an affirmation deck that revolves around women and femininity. The guidebook not only covers card meanings but includes spiritual exercises related to the card- Things like a ritual on letting go, cleansing the self, meditations, that type of thing. The cardstock is nice and the artwork features women of all ages, races, and body types. It is very new agey which some people may dislike.

What I like most about it is how genuine it feels. It's clear the women who put this deck together put a lot of heart and soul into it. This isn't a deck that was mashed together to make a quick buck. Great thought and care went into it's creation.

If there's anything you're wanting to know about the deck specifically I can try my best to answer. But that's my general impression of The Moon Deck so far :)

Thanks for your reply. I like the new ageyness of it. The quotes and book seem more in alignment with that community than any other decks I've heard about. Is this more of a self work type deck or do you see it's use in reading for others? How can it be used or best uses?

DaughterOfDanu

Thanks for your reply. I like the new ageyness of it. The quotes and book seem more in alignment with that community than any other decks I've heard about. Is this more of a self work type deck or do you see it's use in reading for others? How can it be used or best uses?

There's a heavy self work theme to the deck, but the guidebook does say you can use it for others. I've found what works best for me is pulling a single card for the theme of the reading and then two or more additional cards to fill in the details surrounding that topic. I think it's a fantastic daily card pull type deck and also as a guidance type deck when used with tarot similar to how other readers work with other oracle decks and tarot, if that makes sense.