Deck Distress

pumog

Does the card trigger anything more like visions?
The plus side of thinking this is that the guard dude is looking like that as the painter really wanted him to stay still whilst he wants to run. The look of his eyes is like "um, I REALLY want to go now, why do you paint me!" He makes it!

No, thank GOD no visions or I'd be crawling up the wall!!!! He does, and the £$%^$ people from Magical Realist made him look even more so because in the original painting he looks just anxious, a lot more sure of himself than in the card. They removed his big arm muscles and made him look much paler in comparison. The story I am now developing for myself, since he was a fantasy of Bulwer-Lytton's (so I can do what I want with him), is that he is hesitating momentarily - for whatever reason, helping others, wondering which way to go etc - before GETTING THE HELL OUT OF THERE!!!!! At first I thought the strong light/dark contrast meant the dreaded lava arrival, but on reading some Pliny it seems it got pretty dark even earlier on because of all the ash, and they had to light up places with torches etc. So I say (!) the light is TORCHES not lava, and he lives happily ever after. The only soldier I can find in the records is one that died nearby on a beach, and it would have taken a second maximum, so he doesn't bother me too much. And if any Archaeologist is reading this and has conflicting information, please leave me in my bubble LOL !!

pumog

Perhaps the new role to give him is - he is searching for an escape route so he can help others who feel exhausted, frightened, & lost to safety. Peering at something around the corner - perhaps an escape route not yet blocked...? His feet suggest movement forward as they are not parallel to each other. The ten would be the one where he feels overburdened by responsibility for others - & perhaps overcome by the lava & the finality of it all - so while we are visioning with the nine there is hope.

I love this, thanks for the feet detail. I love it all the more now that I know from a bit of research that everyone actually had a very long time in which to realise they had better get the hell out of there, more than four hours, and Pliny the Elder's friends escaped even when the lava was nearly there and they could smell the sulphur. Plus as I wrote in my other post it got very dark quite early in the process, so this guy could really still have lots of time. I'm getting there, slow but sure!!!!

One thing is really CRAZY. I thought I'd resume the journalling with my mythic tarot instead for a while and started shuffling for the card I would use as today's message/card to journal on. As I shuffled I thought : "Ah, the good old mythic tarot - phew, at least THIS deck won't throw me a curve ball!" And guess which card I picked?! Yup, the 9 of flaming wands!!!!

karen0205

I love this, thanks for the feet detail. ....
I'm glad you sorted it out and won't be getting rid of the deck! It's such a great deck.

I wish I could find a good spin on the dead rabbit in the Buckland Romani hahahaha
don't think that's going to happen though

pumog

I'm glad you sorted it out and won't be getting rid of the deck! It's such a great deck.

I wish I could find a good spin on the dead rabbit in the Buckland Romani hahahaha
don't think that's going to happen though

Thanks! Ouch, I can see how that would be challenging (I just found an image of it to look at) for a Bunny lover! Is it the "Death" card (I'm not too good at the numbers only, I need titles too)? Otherwise you could do like me and say it's only stunned and will get away! What is it with tarot cards, it almost seems like the decks know exactly what the best buttons are to press in us ;-)

karen0205

What is it with tarot cards, it almost seems like the decks know exactly what the best buttons are to press in us ;-)

Yes they do! Glad the Victorian Romantic worked out the images for you.
It's among my favorite decks.

rylla

Hi Rylla

But does it upset you? Don't you kind of dread that that card will come up? Or do you leave it out of the deck?

I just don't use the deck :-( maybe once i a blue moon...

I like the wild Unknown but CAN't stand worms. So much that I couldn't use the deck at all. So I took a Letraset promarker and a draw over the images on 2 of the cards. I'm quite OK with the result. The deck lost its value I know but at least now I can use it.