Identification please

Briar Rose

I bought a bag of rough cut (raw) Crystals. Until I hear from the seller, can I get an identification please?

I'll post more of each one. Thanks.

Attachments

• Rough Cut .jpg
    Rough Cut .jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Crystals.March 2014.jpg
    Crystals.March 2014.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 120

Briar Rose

I washed them after I took pictures.
#6 is Ocean Jasper. The circles and color jumped out! Beautiful.

Perhaps I'll try pictures wet next time. More close ups to follow.

Thank you for your help in identifying them.

Briar Rose

#10 is waxy or calcite like. Has the same sheen as #8, although very different in color. #8 is light cornflower blue.

#13 is made up of up of blades, some of it is shiney, like glass. Obsidian? Crumbly as the picture shows. Blackest black. The back side is white blades, and thoughs are_______.

#14 is blackest/grey (maybe) has some some iridescence to it in peacoack colors.

#9 is either opal or petrified wood, maybe?

#4 is bright pastel green, shiney, very matallic

#7 has a crystaline structure, with not blades- but like a tournamline type structure, round and shoots up out of rock. Pretty happy stone.

#8 is soapy or waxy like and shiney light blue, lovely spiritual feel to it right away.

#12 is majestic. Seems to stimulate an etheral chakra. very purple

#3 is a quite stone. Blue. I am not sure about picking it as sodalite.

Thank you for helping me. I appreciate your time.

tigerlilybug

Hey Briar Rose I am having a hard time identifying these, I feel raw crystals are much harder for me but anyway I have a raw sodalite which is almost identical to #3 I know you said you may not believe that to be so but just wanted to tell you it just might be :) I am still going to try and figure out the rest because it's fun for me so if you don't mind please list when you find them all out, thanks!

Briar Rose

I appreciate that tigerlillybug. Here's the seller I got them from:

http://stores.ebay.com/Mininggems?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
I wrote him today and asked where to send a picture.

Unikite # 1
Sodalite #'s 2&3
Fushite #4
Crocodile Jasper #6
Pettrified Wood # 9
Cipolin #10 (have to look up th emeaning of this one
Tiger's eye # 11
Lepidolite #12
Obsidian # 13
Black Tourmaline #14

tigerlilybug

Oh wow he has a ton of stuff! I was thinking number 13 could be black tourmaline I think that because most raw obsidian I have seen in books look very shiny and smooth and the snowflake obsidian is more speckled than just having that one spot.

Briar Rose

Thank you so much tigerlillybug. I finally looked on paypal for his e-mail address. I am seriously hoping to get some names on these Crystals. I need to know their structure. The definately are singing to me.

Briar Rose

That seller did not reply yet.

tigerlilybug

Aww man that stinks he probably has a flood of emails and hasn't seen it yet, that's what I always think when I have to email a person with a business that sells such quantities. What was the group of crystals labeled on the ebay site?

Briar Rose

It was not labled. This lot was a good deal though/ $8.99. Big stones. I even got a faceted tourmaline heart/gift with order.

I have resonance with these. I wish I knew what #4 is: looks like dyed green talc. What Crystal is that??? And I love #7. it's grainy blue bars that grown through both sides. #8 is light cornflower blue and waxy. Blue calcite? I am thinking 3 and 4 might be either sodalite and or dumortierite.

Wow! Where is everyone?