Preferences: The 'Child' Card

OracleAia

I've been wondering... Does it matter what the child is doing in the image (running, playing with a toy, doing something productive, etc)? I know some people have preferences about the imagery... like how many prefer the rider to be in motion as opposed to just standing still.

For example, I saw one deck (I don't recall which one) that had a baby as the child card and that seemed almost too specific to 'new beginnings' or 'new baby'. Whereas, in the Celtic Lenormand, the girl child (who is out collecting eggs) and the boy child (who is playing with a toy boat) both appear to be in the age range of what one would image for a child. I guess that's my literal side stating a preference lol

I also like that the child in the 'girl child' card was collecting eggs instead of playing, because I sometimes get a subtext of "learning" from the child card... probably because of this deck... :D Anywho...

Thanks for your input. :)
Aia

SunChariot

I've been wondering... Does it matter what the child is doing in the image (running, playing with a toy, doing something productive, etc)? I know some people have preferences about the imagery... like how many prefer the rider to be in motion as opposed to just standing still.

For example, I saw one deck (I don't recall which one) that had a baby as the child card and that seemed almost too specific to 'new beginnings' or 'new baby'. Whereas, in the Celtic Lenormand, the girl child (who is out collecting eggs) and the boy child (who is playing with a toy boat) both appear to be in the age range of what one would image for a child. I guess that's my literal side stating a preference lol

I also like that the child in the 'girl child' card was collecting eggs instead of playing, because I sometimes get a subtext of "learning" from the child card... probably because of this deck... :D Anywho...

Thanks for your input. :)
Aia

Not to me personally. As when it comes to LeNormands, they are the only type of deck where I don't use the card images to read. I LIKE having beautiful images to look at, but what's on the image doesn't affect the reading one way or the other for me.

Babs

OracleAia

That's good to hear, as I decided to make a text deck instead of one with images. My proofs should arrive in the mail any day now. :D

Thanks for the input. :)