Morgan Greer Study

tarobones

me2

I'm a bit of a beginner (3 years to Tarot, mainly RWS), and a lurker on the forums, but I would like to participate as I am able. I have the Morgan Greer deck and the book on the Gestalt approach, which uses the MG deck. I am looking forward to learning a lot. BB, Michael

Little Baron

Welcome to the group AutumnStar and Tarobones.

There are many good threads already in existance but look forward to you jumping in and starting some of your own. Will try to contribute when I can.

Best,
LB

autumn star

Sulis said:
Hi Autumn star,

It's good to have you on board :)

Go ahead and post away.

If you start a new thread, could you let Moonbow* or myself know so we can add the thread to the index?

Thanks

Sulis xx

Sure .. I can remember to do that :)

Thanks for letting me join so late :)

Alrisha

Bump this thread. =P

I decided to stick w/ my Morgan Greer for now would like to join this group.

The Kiwi

I see people haven't been discussing MG recently, but I just purchased the deck. It's my second deck, and my gods was it a hassle to get. I'm super happy with my purchase, and was hoping we can ignite the fire again and discuss some cards.
I had pulled the Knight of Swords yesterday as my daily card, and took some time to actually look at him. I started a thread here about him.

Bhavana

Maybe it's me, but i don't see much in this deck to discuss, it is so much like the RW that there isn't anything new in it - for me. I'd be willing to try, though. I love it, and was just thinking today how awesome a mini version would be.

Why was it such a hassle to get yours? Which did you get, the more matte China printing, or the glossy italian printing, or one that is even older? Have you seen the videos on Youtube someone made about the deck? They go into detail on each card.

The Kiwi

I was looking at the study index, there are quite a few cards worth talking about still. I'm still fairly new to Tarot Deck collecting, not yet having flexed my comfort zone on cards yet.
It took me a long time to get used to the size of the tarot decks, but now it's comfortable and I usually send regular sized playing cards flying. Haha. I've debated getting a mini-deck for my purse.

There is a long involved story about getting this deck. Short version? Had a deal where I could order off amazon and get the cards for 4 bucks, but they wouldn't come for like 2+ weeks. I ordered them anyways, and the order was cancelled due to some issue with the deal I had. So I thought I'd try this store down the road from my work, and upon leaving work for the store after a shift one day, I get a flat tire. I do some research online, and anywhere I order from will be weeks. I finally get the deal to work on amazon, and it being able to get delivered within two days. The morning I go to pick up the deck ( I have to have it shipped to my parents ) my car dies. So, yeah... it was a hassle to say the least.

I think it's the glossy italian printing, as it says made in italy & is a shiny deck.

I did catch a link on AT somewhere that was the youtube vids on MG Court cards, but didn't get a chance to watch them. I was looking for more a discussion about the cards, as opposed to learning the meaning of each, as I taught myself the meanings based off RW.

Either way, just thought I'd let my interest be known <3

Bhavana

sounds like the fates were conspiring against you with this deck....or you need a new car! I won my MG on a tarot readers site, you picked a card, and if it matched the one he picked, you won the deck - I think he was giving away a RWS, but I contacted him and told him I already had that deck, and could I choose another of similar price? He was in the UK, and this was his first contest - so I also told him he could buy the deck thru the Book Depositiory, and that they would ship it to me for free - and he said it would be no problem, and to just let him know what deck I wanted. Lucky for me, I got the lovely China printing, with it's heavier cardstock and satin matte finish. LOVE this deck!! Funny thing is, when I first started reading and collecting, I didn't really care for it. It sort of grew on me, then one day I woke up and just had to have it. I also have a vintage version, one from the 70's, that I won on Ebay. Very thin cardstock, and there are many different backs with different star patterns.

In the YT videos, the meanings are discussed, but so are images and symbolism. I have not watched all the videos - she has several, discussing the entire deck - but in the ones I have watched, she definitely goes into more than just the basic RWS meanings.