Sorcerers Tarots, tell me about it?

.traveller.

I just found out that I am getting these cards, but other than a post by Ric, I don't know much about them.

I've looked at the cards online and they are very different from anything I have. How do they read? Is it mostly an art deck?

Queen of Pentacle

Thje deck is stunningly beautifull,
but so very different. Frankly, It is beautifful but stay onthe shelve.

I hope you'll have morw exciting insight!

.traveller.

They were free so I am happy either way. The art is beautiful, so it will be worth having for that alone.

Le Fanu

Old thread, old deck but I ordered it on a whim (no idea why) and it arrived today. I have to say it is a beautiful deck. For those who don't know it, the whole deck can be seen here. I have Antonella Castelli's Art Nouveau Lenormand but have never been attracted to her Art Nouveau Tarot. This Sorcerers Tarot might appeal to those who like the Art Nouveau style of artwork but find the actual tarot (as I do) a bit samey, a bit monotonous, with lots of indistinguishable, languid females. The Sorcerers Tarot is much more dynamic and inventive and readable. Nice feel to it, with some clever touches. I can really see me using it. Yet another *hardly mentioned* LoS deck.

Enchanted Luna

Thanks for posting the link Le Fanu! This is a lovely deck. Some of the cards are different, but overall this appeals to me. Another one to add to the list :)

OctoberGwen

Many of these cards are really lovely, but I've finally figured out why I just don't like LoS decks: I hate the borders, and combined with the cardstock they use, their decks just don't work for me. Regardless of how beautiful the artwork is. (It's just now dawning on me that I've traded or sold EVERY LoS deck I ever bought.) So...I won't put this one on my wishlist.

Sorry, Ric. :(

ETA: Except for the Heart Tarot. That's a keeper!

Le Fanu

OctoberGwen said:
I hate the borders, and combined with the cardstock they use, their decks just don't work for me.
I'm intrigued by how you find the cardstock. I thought everyone liked LoS cardstock! Do you find it too thin or too thick? Admittedly, these cards have excessive borders but it is in keeping with the style of the deck. Maybe you mean the white borders...

OctoberGwen

Le Fanu said:
I'm intrigued by how you find the cardstock. I thought everyone liked LoS cardstock! Do you find it too thin or too thick? Admittedly, these cards have excessive borders but it is in keeping with the style of the deck. Maybe you mean the white borders...

I do mean the white borders, with the giant numbers at the top and the multi-lingual titles all round the edges. Faugh!

Not sure what it is about the stock; it feels lifeless to me. (I realize that sounds ridiculous.) It may be the combination of that and the glossiness and the size. It's hard to define, they just never feel 'right' to me.

A few months ago I may have picked up the Sorcerer's, but now I can tell just by looking at it that I'd get rid of it. Just like The Secret Tarots (loved that art), Secret Forest, Dark Grimoire...the list goes on... :(

Aerin

OctoberGwen said:
Many of these cards are really lovely, but I've finally figured out why I just don't like LoS decks: I hate the borders, and combined with the cardstock they use, their decks just don't work for me.

Not all the decks have multilingual borders especially recent ones.

Personally I love the cardstock, so much better than Llewellyn or USG bulllet proof. It's a very personal thing though.

Some people just cut the borders off.

OctoberGwen

Aerin said:
Personally I love the cardstock, so much better than Llewellyn or USG bulllet proof. It's a very personal thing though.
Amen. Yes, it is. :)

Aerin said:
Some people just cut the borders off.
And in this case, that might actually solve my issues because it would remove the borders AND alter the size. Too bad I don't dare trim.