Pamela Colman Smith tarot, by Koenigsfurt-Urania Verlag?

Grigori

I was in a bookshop today, and saw several copies of a RWS deck titled "Pamela Colman Smith Tarot" published by Koenigsfurt-Urania Verlag. Has anyone got one of these decks, or can say anything about it. I'm wondering how it compares to the RWS commemorative edition, and other standard editions out there. I've not seen mention of it, and searching AT for the word "pamela" is not very helpful :laugh:

Le Fanu

:bugeyed: that's a Crowley deck! :D

Grigori, isn't it that gold-edged commemorative one? (Link coming...)

Le Fanu

No, actually, I think I know what this might be. The LoS Centenary deck has, on one one side of the box, Rider Waite Smith Tarot, and then on the other side of the box Pamela Colman Smith Tarot, and as well as being published by Lo Scarabeo, it has Koenignsfurt/Urania-Verlag on the box...

firecatpickles

Le Fanu said:
:bugeyed: that's a Crowley deck! :D

Grigori, isn't it that gold-edged commemorative one? (Link coming...)

Teach me to post before I finish my first cup of coffee :neutral:

Cerulean

Thanks for the link, what interesting differences.

Le Fanu said:
No, actually, I think I know what this might be. The LoS Centenary deck has, on one one side of the box, Rider Waite Smith Tarot, and then on the other side of the box Pamela Colman Smith Tarot, and as well as being published by Lo Scarabeo, it has Koenignsfurt/Urania-Verlag on the box...

The Italian version has the font typeface without the period! Thanks for the images, it helps me to visualize what this set looks like. I had forgotten what name this went by when looking for scans.

Cerulean

Le Fanu

My mistake. I was checking the box his afternoon and it has Pamela Colman Smith on the box and two title cards; Rider Waite Smith & Pamela Colman and the publisher is Lo Scarabeo but with a reference on the bottom of the box to Koenigsfurt-Urania Verlag.

Grigori

Ah thanks Le Fanu, that must be it. They were locked in a cabinet and all I could see was the image of the priestess on the front cover and the barcode and urania name on the bottom. I thought perhaps there was another version out there than the RWS or LoS ones.

Le Fanu

Beautiful box isn't it? High Priestess in an oval vignette and lovely victorian swirliness around it. One of Lo Scarabeo's most beautiful tuck-boxes!

photokat

I have a pretty much every thinkable version of the RWS Urania and Königsfurt decks ....

Did you guys figured out which one it was?