Two of Swords - Relevant to a Close Friend?

AlexEliza

I draw a daily card, basically to work on my intuition and interpretation of the cards. Yesterday I drew the Two of Swords and my immediate intuitive thought was that it related to a close friend of mine who is wrestling with a big decision - of which I'm aware that I'm one aspect of. I wanted to ask if in people's opinion a card can actually reflect someone else's circumstances that you're aware of? Thanks!

Rachx

Trust your intuition xx

AlexEliza

Thanks Rachx.

It was a strong intuitive reaction to the card - just unusual as I felt it more relevant to my friend as it's his decision. However, on reflection, I guess I am a big part of that, and it's also something that I have been quite focused on/aware of, of late, so technically relevant to me too :) x

tarotdpw

I agree with your intuition here. Just by looking at the the 2 of Swords (in the Rider Waite deck), you can see someone who is in a powerful position, but is blindfolded against the issue. Your cards can reflect a lot of things! If your friend's choice is weighing on you, it makes sense that it will show up in the cards.

wheelie

Hi AlexEliza,

When I learned to read runes and I-Ching, I was taught that the oracle actually answers what's on your heart. That's one reason for being very thoughtful at the questioning stage of the reading.

I would think that--especially in daily draws--the cards could easily be answering and reflecting something left on the back burner of your heart!

Alan (wheelie)

AlexEliza

I agree with your intuition here. Just by looking at the the 2 of Swords (in the Rider Waite deck), you can see someone who is in a powerful position, but is blindfolded against the issue. Your cards can reflect a lot of things! If your friend's choice is weighing on you, it makes sense that it will show up in the cards.

I tend to agree. My subsequent daily readings have further suggested I trust my intuition :)

AlexEliza

Hi AlexEliza,

When I learned to read runes and I-Ching, I was taught that the oracle actually answers what's on your heart. That's one reason for being very thoughtful at the questioning stage of the reading.

I would think that--especially in daily draws--the cards could easily be answering and reflecting something left on the back burner of your heart!

Alan (wheelie)

Thanks - the decision to be made, whilst someone else's, does reflect heavily my own thoughts/focus on it.....

IndigoWaves

I tend to be wary of card impressions stemming from topics close to the reader's heart, especially regarding relationships. They aren't always inaccurate, of course, but should be scanned for wishful-thinking projections: often compelling and all too easily mistaken as 'intuition'. If, for instance, it's a comfort to believe that the 2S is someone feeling torn over you, then you might be led to see it that way... But "daily" readings typically highlight aspects and behaviours of the reader, him/herself, or what might be directly encountered that day -- not issues that another person may or may not be having.

Other 2S meanings include choosing to ignore something/someone for whatever reason(s), or stubbornly refusing to face facts, dismissing what's before your eyes... If so, the card may show that it's time to remove the blindfold. Or, the 2S may be someone who's not susceptible to emotional influence and won't entertain feeling-based pleas, one who might avoid making a decision entirely, or one who's so disinterested in a person/subject that it's not being "seen" at all; a hard pill to swallow, if a love interest is representated by this card... Alternately, though, it could be advising you to be more like the 2S, yourself -- by trusting your head/logic over your heart/emotion in some area of your life, or no longer putting thought and energy into a divisive issue that may never be resolved to your liking.

Context, what's actually been occurring lately between the parties involved IRL, should help you to determine which impressions and views of yours or others most likely apply. Cheers.

AlexEliza

Thanks for your reply, IndigoWaves. I agree with what you say about daily readings albeit I also tend to see trends occurring over time, not necessarily just relevant to the particular day I drew a card (I tend to journal every day, list observations, reflections, intuitive thoughts etc). I do find it fascinating to follow and read back over.
My original question just stemmed from my intuitive response to receiving a card that seemed so strongly to relate to my friend's decision - we've been seeing each other for a few months and it seemed quite promising however he now has an opportunity to take up a really great position overseas. So whilst I do have a vested interest in that I would love for him to stay, I also recognise this could be the opportunity of a lifetime and something he should really go for. So I don't think it was particularly wishful thinking but more an immediate/intuitive response that the card seemed almost to directly relate to his decision :)