Sabian Symbols Study Group: Leo 1 - #121

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 1
Number: 121

Symbol: UNDER EMOTIONAL STRESS, BLOOD RUSHES TO A MAN'S HEAD.

tink27

There is good stress and there is bad stress!

Good stress, self-love, self-expression, self-permission!!!

The sun is the ruling planet for Leo a fire sign, and a symbol of the Lion……Leo, rules the heart. Depending on where our Sun is placed, it will describe what will bring us the greatest sense of pride and vitality in our lives. And when we are aware of its power, we give wholeheartedly to it. We rise and expand our own field of awareness to.…I AM The I AM!!

Our inner nature (Moon) rises up through our bodies, up to our brains, our nerves our glands…reaching, searching, perceiving intuiting and grasping our outer nature the Sun. But watch out, once Leo rises to the occasion, he can literally become a ball of fire….and once you feel it, you’ll never be the same again!! It could be likened to bringing water to the boiling point in a very hot pot! Now that's stress.

This symbol is strong, witty, intelligent, dynamic, arrogant and overpowering! The symbol I see is a rocket! And the heart will try to compensate by pumping harder, and this constant pumping and trying to catch up can thicken the muscles and walls of the hearts chambers.

Perhaps the lesson here is to control, learn, understand and know our own limitations. And to this we have to control what we are projecting. If we don’t we will become ‘victims’ of the earth and the atmosphere’s everchanging moods. I can also feel the inner tension, nervousness and feelings of uncertainty.

If we become too absorbed in the physical world, all that changes around us today, will be inflicted upon us tomorrow. Lots of turbulence here.

tink

tink27

Left coronary artery

I looked up ‘Left Coronary Artery’ on the internet, which is the body part for this symbol. Wikipedia explains the function of this artery, but to be honest with you, I didn’t understand a word it said! I’ll try to explain it in English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_coronary_artery

To understand the left coronary artery, we also need to understand the heart. The heart is a muscular organ of interconnected, branching fibers located between the lungs (two-thirds of it is to the left of our bodies near the 2nd rib…..ohh those darn ribs).

The heart needs nutrition and this nutrition is fed to it through a constant blood supply. This blood supply is obtained through the two coronary arteries that lead from the great aorta to the heart wall and branch off to various parts of the heart. Branches of these coronary arteries join at the apex of the heart…which points downwards and to the left on the diaphragm.

Believe it or not, the heart contains an independent nerve system that helps to regulate itself. Amazing! Remember the medulla oblongata or the occiput in Taurus 20? While nerve impulses reach the heart from the medulla oblongata, along the middle cervical (accelerator) and vagus nerves. See how it's all starting to fit together?

If we don’t get the nutrition and rest we need to regenerate our powers and discover our inner truths we could be heading for trouble.

A tiny blockage in the branches of the coronary arteries can slow down the blood flow to the heart wall and upset the rhythm of the muscle or destroy tissue so that the heart cannot contract as it should. Coronary blockages are very serious!! Our hearts are fragile when it comes to stress and traumatic experiences in our life. Coronary bypass surgery is on the rise and it does not extend life and it does not solve the problem.

tink

MCsea

Tink love what and how you have summarised this symbol!

Jones Key Word: Irresistibility

Crystal : Brecciated Jasper Brecciated jasper directs scattered energy toward life goals.

I see this symbol as the 'energy' symbol - we can waste it or create new outcomes. Obviously very emotional I can pull this card when its any type of emotion - not just 'stress', I also see it as hopefully raising to using life experience and empathy to help others..

I think people who let stress rule their lives are ver mind oriented too - 'head' people - red + blue - purple comes to mind here.

I see moderation would be the KEY to resolve this conflict

MARINA

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 120.jpg
    120.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 393

Adjustment

Can this symbol mean problems with communication causing the person stress and frustration by keeping evrything inside not being able to communicate how the person feels causing this build up stress. I would love to farther discuss this symbol since it came up when i asked how a person feels about me.

purple_scorp

Ooh, Tara Deck, yes - this symbol could definitely fit your interpretation. I got the feeling, when I chose the picture for this symbol, that life was just too hard for this person. That it was easier for them to stick their head in the sand - in other words - we are perhaps dealing with an avoider. This person is probably okay discussing some issues, but push them to discuss something outside of their comfort zone and all of a sudden they shut down.

Hmm, Tara, do you think this is the way the person feels about you.....like you are too much hard work? Or, is it the way the person thinks you feel about them?

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

Tara Deck said:
Can this symbol mean problems with communication causing the person stress and frustration by keeping evrything inside not being able to communicate how the person feels causing this build up stress. I would love to farther discuss this symbol since it came up when i asked how a person feels about me.

I agree - yes this symbol can mean what you say.

In the context of your 'reading' also consider if the person likes talking about what THEY want to talk about and not seeing the big picture..

As an aside for others reading this thread - if 'passion' is involved then this card can mean physical passion... 'red' 'heat' all that... emotion!

MARINA

tink27

Hi Tara Deck,

These are some quick thoughts, early morning musings before going to work! Not sure if I'm on the right track...

Looking at this symbol as a person, I see one who can be very strong minded. Through the course of time, they have learnt to cultivate their values and opinions.....and sticking to them. When thinking outside the box this person can be very inspirational, brilliant and enlightening. I think this person has had to look deep within their lives and has been driven by an inner need to create changes and even changes in their own character. This could also be caused by feelings of inadequacy

As far as feelings....I think they can be inclined to depressive thoughts and excessive worries, especially in relationships. I think they can be intensely loyal with someone and all they ask is the same in return.

They may justify themselves by what they accomplish. And, being held in high regard could be an important aspect with this person. They need someone who loves who they are, which is sometimes hidden within a closed box.

Did something recently occur to make them feel angry or frustrated by something you thought was trivial? Because they weren’t sure what to say or do, they bottled everything up, that’s stirring inside like a volcano. I think deep down, this person is attracted to you, but they are a master at controlling and containing their emotional side. And it really frustrates them to no end, that they can’t just open up and be themselves. “Grrr, they say, what’s the matter with me”. Because of their feelings of inadequacy they need someone who can see through the shield they’ve created and gently show and express to them, what you see is special about them.

tink :love:

Adjustment

tink27 said:
Hi Tara Deck,

These are some quick thoughts, early morning musings before going to work! Not sure if I'm on the right track...

Looking at this symbol as a person, I see one who can be very strong minded. Through the course of time, they have learnt to cultivate their values and opinions.....and sticking to them. When thinking outside the box this person can be very inspirational, brilliant and enlightening. I think this person has had to look deep within their lives and has been driven by an inner need to create changes and even changes in their own character. This could also be caused by feelings of inadequacy

As far as feelings....I think they can be inclined to depressive thoughts and excessive worries, especially in relationships. I think they can be intensely loyal with someone and all they ask is the same in return.

They may justify themselves by what they accomplish. And, being held in high regard could be an important aspect with this person. They need someone who loves who they are, which is sometimes hidden within a closed box.

Did something recently occur to make them feel angry or frustrated by something you thought was trivial? Because they weren’t sure what to say or do, they bottled everything up, that’s stirring inside like a volcano. I think deep down, this person is attracted to you, but they are a master at controlling and containing their emotional side. And it really frustrates them to no end, that they can’t just open up and be themselves. “Grrr, they say, what’s the matter with me”. Because of their feelings of inadequacy they need someone who can see through the shield they’ve created and gently show and express to them, what you see is special about them.

tink :love:

you very much described the person i mentioned. This is a person who likes to be in control and is very stubborn, I'm havng commuinication problems with them, it is almost as if they are holding back something that need to be expressed and is causing frustration