All about the Aces

elena_jaymz

Hi everyone, I have some questions about the Aces in general. I'll share here my Aces experiences with you to try to understand them better.

I know that they point to new possibilities in sight, to a potential to start something new, so they generally refer to new beginnings, but then do these new opportunities really manifest?

I ask, because usually when I drew them for example in future positions then nothing really concrete happens. For November I draw the Ace of Wands as what to expect in my love life, but no new passion in sight, so I thought that maybe the Ace was just showing me I'd have noticed some cute guys during the month and actually it was so. Yesterday I draw for my January love life the Ace of Pentacles, so there will be the possibility/the potential for a new stable relationship? I don't know, to me it won't.

Once I was asking instead about my dissertation and I got the Ace of Swords. I interpreted it as me becoming a "winner", that is as me successfully graduating and starting a new life cycle and actually it was so, so the Ace was right, its message was clear that time. Anyway yesterday I draw the same Ace for what to expect for my January family life, but it's not clear in this context, I'll need to assert myself? Sometimes I argue with my parents indeed.

For what concerns the Ace of Cups I don't often draw it, so I don't have any significant experience to share about it.

And what about you? Am I misunderstanding the meaning of the Aces maybe?
Do you have other ideas or other experiences to share?
Thanks.

scorpiogirl

I can add my two cents...the ace of cups in a reading I did was the quesited was falling in love. It was outcome. So it was, here, an emotional opening up of feelings.

rwcarter

The Aces can be thought of as seeds or potential, so they could be thought of as a starting point for whatever characteristics of their particular suit. So the AP could be laying the foundation for love, the AS could be the potential for conflict, the AW could be a spark of passion and the AC could be feelings that bubble up and begin to show themselves. Of course, each of those cards could mean other things too.

Rodney

ensozero

In my experience, Aces are seeds of potential. Sometimes they are the sprout reaching for the sun. In any scenario, a seed or sprout needs watering. The Aces are saying "yes!" but the rest is up to you. Nothing is being handed to you - the potential is there, but you have to make the best use of it.

Sulis

A few thoughts:

I think of the Aces as opportunities, something being offered but to manifest that opportunity has to be taken by you or by the person you're reading for.

So the Ace of Pentacles is an opportunity of something real and tangible, an offer of a date, a relationship, a job, money or I've even seen the Ace of Pentacles as the offer of some sort of treatment involving medication. With the Ace of Pentacles there is the chance of success in the physical plane if the opportunity is taken.

The Ace of Wands is the opportunity of something to do with action, something to be done and it's also the opportunity of passion, energy or of anger.. Wands are fiery in the system of correspondences that I use. With Wands the energy can often burn brightly and quickly so it's not something that shows anything long term unless surrounding cards say so.

With the Ace of Swords, there is the flash of an idea or of the opportunity to begin a conversation or a discourse that needs to happen. The Ace of Swords is often the sword of truth for me or clarity of mind and logical thought so the Ace of Swords can show the opportunity for those.
The suit of Swords is a very complex one as Swords can be about the mind, communication and also can be about problems.

The Ace of Cups shows an opportunity for love but also for other emotions and there are many.. I think often cups are seen as just representing the emotion of love and are about relationships and I think that's a bit of a mistake on the part of the reader.. There are many more emotions than love.
Water can be fast flowing and it can also be deep and reflective so I think the Ace of Cups can also speak of opportunities to delve deeply into something or to use the unconscious mind, the intuition or to explore things on a more spiritual level.

Michellehihi

Ace of swords for me means determination, a focused mind

elena_jaymz

I can add my two cents...the ace of cups in a reading I did was the quesited was falling in love. It was outcome. So it was, here, an emotional opening up of feelings.

Hi scorpiogirl, thanks, I agree about the Ace of Cups, it can tell about an opening up of feelings.

elena_jaymz

Hi Rodney, thanks for your reply.
The Aces can be thought of as seeds or potential, so they could be thought of as a starting point for whatever characteristics of their particular suit.
I forgot the idea of the Aces as seeds and yes, they're the starting point of their suits.

So the AP could be laying the foundation for love, the AS could be the potential for conflict, the AW could be a spark of passion and the AC could be feelings that bubble up and begin to show themselves. Of course, each of those cards could mean other things too.

Rodney
I agree with your takes here, anyway yes, they can also mean other things.
The Ace of Swords as a potential for conflict/argument makes sense for my family life indeed :D

elena_jaymz

In my experience, Aces are seeds of potential. Sometimes they are the sprout reaching for the sun. In any scenario, a seed or sprout needs watering. The Aces are saying "yes!" but the rest is up to you. Nothing is being handed to you - the potential is there, but you have to make the best use of it.

Hi ensozero, thanks for your help! You're right, it's up to us then to plant the seed and water it, it doesn't grow by itself :D so yes, there may be an opportunity or more, but then it's up to me to grab it/them.

elena_jaymz

Hi Sulis, thanks for your insights!
I think of the Aces as opportunities, something being offered but to manifest that opportunity has to be taken by you or by the person you're reading for.
I totally agree, it's always up to us.

So the Ace of Pentacles is an opportunity of something real and tangible, an offer of a date, a relationship, a job, money or I've even seen the Ace of Pentacles as the offer of some sort of treatment involving medication. With the Ace of Pentacles there is the chance of success in the physical plane if the opportunity is taken.
I agree, an opportunity, a possibility to make something real.

The Ace of Wands is the opportunity of something to do with action, something to be done and it's also the opportunity of passion, energy or of anger.. Wands are fiery in the system of correspondences that I use. With Wands the energy can often burn brightly and quickly so it's not something that shows anything long term unless surrounding cards say so.
I see how it could refer to a burst of anger, it makes sense, anyway yes, its energy, its fire runs out quickly.

With the Ace of Swords, there is the flash of an idea or of the opportunity to begin a conversation or a discourse that needs to happen. The Ace of Swords is often the sword of truth for me or clarity of mind and logical thought so the Ace of Swords can show the opportunity for those.
The suit of Swords is a very complex one as Swords can be about the mind, communication and also can be about problems.
I agree! It gives me too a sense immediate mental clarity and also a sense of victory.

The Ace of Cups shows an opportunity for love but also for other emotions and there are many.. I think often cups are seen as just representing the emotion of love and are about relationships and I think that's a bit of a mistake on the part of the reader.. There are many more emotions than love.
Water can be fast flowing and it can also be deep and reflective so I think the Ace of Cups can also speak of opportunities to delve deeply into something or to use the unconscious mind, the intuition or to explore things on a more spiritual level.
I agree, emotions are not only about love and yes, Cups point also to the unconsciuos mind and the intuition as well as to the spirituality. They also point to our talents (art, music etc), so a new beginning in those areas. Thanks again!