Moon Phases Oracle

RiverRunsDeep

Was just looking at the pdf and I think I have found your answer to this!

"First, the Manifestations & Blessings card. Why is it the same image but different wording? The Moon has always been an iconic image to me; growing up I use to fall asleep to "Goodnight Moon”; I couldn't tell you how many countless times I dressed as a witch for Halloween, or how many nights I would wander out on the family farm to sit up in the hay loft and stare way up at her. She seemed so far away, and yet felt so close. So it hit me while staring at the blank backs to the prototype cards for this deck: Let's leave the deck backs black - simple - dark like the night sky, intriguing and mysterious all at once and yet as you shuffle, shuffle, shuffle and ponder, ponder, ponder…the Moon always comes out."

I think that's quite cool! :)

Thanks for sharing that. I love the idea of seeing the moon suddenly appear in the midst of all the dark card backs. So creative!

I will try the tarot pairings as well! Are there any particular tarot decks you feel it works well with?

Well, I have many ideas about the tarot pairings. :D

My initial thought was to see this oracle as an autumnal/Halloween deck, so my first idea was to pair it with the Halloween, All Hallows', or Ghost Tarot.

Also, because Moon Phase oracle is so nature-based with its lack of human figures, I thought it might pair well with animal tarots such as Wild Unknown, Badgers Forest, or Animal Totem.

Then, simply because of its darker coloration, I thought it might pair well with the Anna K tarot.

I haven't actually used any of these pairings, but these were my initial ideas.

RiverRunsDeep

Are there any particular tarot decks you feel it works well with?

I noticed your other thread about the Constellations Tarot on Etsy, and I'm thinking that might also be an excellent pairing for this oracle. :)

RavenOfSummer

I noticed your other thread about the Constellations Tarot on Etsy, and I'm thinking that might also be an excellent pairing for this oracle. :)

You know, I had the exact same thought when I saw the Constellations deck! I've actually wanted a night sky-themed tarot deck for a long time, and since I never saw one that matched what I was looking for I thought maybe someday I'll become a deck creator myself and make one :) But I was excited to come across the Constellations on Etsy (purely by chance!); it's the closest I've seen to the deck I've had in mind! I do think the Moon Phases oracle would go great with it :)

Thanks for sharing that. I love the idea of seeing the moon suddenly appear in the midst of all the dark card backs. So creative!

Well, I have many ideas about the tarot pairings. :D

My initial thought was to see this oracle as an autumnal/Halloween deck, so my first idea was to pair it with the Halloween, All Hallows', or Ghost Tarot.

Also, because Moon Phase oracle is so nature-based with its lack of human figures, I thought it might pair well with animal tarots such as Wild Unknown, Badgers Forest, or Animal Totem.

Then, simply because of its darker coloration, I thought it might pair well with the Anna K tarot.

I haven't actually used any of these pairings, but these were my initial ideas.

Thank you for all of these thoughtful ideas on tarot pairings! I like all of these thoughts, although I don't have any of these tarot decks. I've never done an oracle-oracle pairing, but one idea that crossed my mind is using this with the Halloween Oracle- I think they could make a nice complimentary pair!

Another thought I have, just from thinking through my deck collection...I recently purchased the Celtic Wisdom Tarot by Caitlin Matthews, and I'm absolutely in love with it. I'm thinking the Moon Phases Oracle may actually work well with it. It's something about the deep colors I think. Although the Celtic Wisdom has a very bright, diverse palette, the colors are also very deep and rich. Also, to me moon decks are great for focusing on intuition and inner knowledge, and I feel the Celtic Wisdom also has a strong focus in that way. So, I may try it! :cool3:

RiverRunsDeep

Another thought I have, just from thinking through my deck collection...I recently purchased the Celtic Wisdom Tarot by Caitlin Matthews, and I'm absolutely in love with it. I'm thinking the Moon Phases Oracle may actually work well with it. It's something about the deep colors I think. Although the Celtic Wisdom has a very bright, diverse palette, the colors are also very deep and rich. Also, to me moon decks are great for focusing on intuition and inner knowledge, and I feel the Celtic Wisdom also has a strong focus in that way. So, I may try it! :cool3:

Hey, if you try it, please remember to post your thoughts here. :) Now you have me curious about that pairing. I have the Celtic Wisdom tarot, and agree that the rich colors would match well with Moon Phases, but I haven't actually used the deck for readings yet.

RavenOfSummer

Hey, if you try it, please remember to post your thoughts here. :) Now you have me curious about that pairing. I have the Celtic Wisdom tarot, and agree that the rich colors would match well with Moon Phases, but I haven't actually used the deck for readings yet.

Will do! I'm enjoying the DOTW pairing I chose for this week so far, so maybe I'll try this one next week :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeyondtheVeil

Gorgeous Moon Phase Oracle

This looked like such a gorgeous deck! It is not only sold out, but the link goes to an error page.

For those of you that have had it for awhile now...is it still as great as you originally thought?

Is the Constellations Tarot actually called the Celestial Tarot? I couldn't even bring up the first one in a search.

Thanks!
BeyondtheVeil

RavenOfSummer

This looked like such a gorgeous deck! It is not only sold out, but the link goes to an error page.

For those of you that have had it for awhile now...is it still as great as you originally thought?

Is the Constellations Tarot actually called the Celestial Tarot? I couldn't even bring up the first one in a search.

Thanks!
BeyondtheVeil

Here is a link to the Constellation Tarot: https://www.etsy.com/listing/491954...ch_query=constellation tarot&ref=sr_gallery_1. I still don't have it but it's still on my wish list!

To be honest I have really fallen in love with my Spirit de la Lune deck for lunar oracle readings, so I still haven't used the Moon Phases deck much. But I know I will get around to it :) Would love to hear what others have been thinking about their experience.

BeyondtheVeil

RavenOfSummer

Here is a link to the Constellation Tarot: https://www.etsy.com/listing/491954...ch_query=constellation tarot&ref=sr_gallery_1. I still don't have it but it's still on my wish list!

To be honest I have really fallen in love with my Spirit de la Lune deck for lunar oracle readings, so I still haven't used the Moon Phases deck much. But I know I will get around to it :) Would love to hear what others have been thinking about their experience.

Thank you so much for the link and responding! I hope that others will come back to share their experience with you also.

I have been away from the boards for several years and I'm not familiar with these decks. Is the Spirit de la Lune deck on Etsy as well?

Thanks again for responding and sharing your experience and info!
BeyondtheVeil

RiverRunsDeep

(Regarding Moon Phases Oracle) Yes, I still think it is great! Like RavenOfSummer, I haven't used it often, but that is only because I use tarot more often than oracles. When I have used it, the messages were simple and direct. Plus, I am still in love with the colors and artwork. I don't regret buying it!

I have been away from the boards for several years and I'm not familiar with these decks. Is the Spirit de la Lune deck on Etsy as well?

Spirit de la Lune can be found here. It is currently out of stock, but should available again sometime in March.

Dogs&Coffee

(Regarding Moon Phases Oracle) Yes, I still think it is great! Like RavenOfSummer, I haven't used it often, but that is only because I use tarot more often than oracles. When I have used it, the messages were simple and direct. Plus, I am still in love with the colors and artwork. I don't regret buying it!

Spirit de la Lune can be found here. It is currently out of stock, but should available again sometime in March.

Omg I can't WAIT for spirit de la lune! I've been drooling over it for a month or so... I'm gonna pounce the second it lists again.