Lenormand de Lora - does anybody know why it´s no longer available ?

FLizarraga

Lenormand the Lora is here!

Got the cards in today's mail! I almost destroyed the Priority Mail box in my impatience to get at them.

They come in the usual GC box, with the Moon image on both sides. The Moon image serves also as the back of the cards, so the Moon card itself can be used on either side. They are 3.5"x2.5", borderless, numberless and without inserts. They also came out of order, so after going through them I ordered them and went through the whole deck again.

It's very nice. The cards are individually aged --except for the backs, which are all the same-- and range from black-and-white to sepia to almost-but-not-quite full color. Some are photographs, others look like paintings or postcards. It tempts me to do a Grand Tableau (something still way beyond my abilities) just to see how they look all together.

I received Kendra's Vintage horizontal deck at the same time, so I could compare them side by side. Kendra's are wonderfully playful. The De Lora has some whimsical touches, but is anything but. It's dark and melancholy --even the Fox is lost in the snow, you feel sorry for the poor thing...

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

ana luisa

Thank you for posting !!! That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for: the forlorn melancholy spooky vibe. I hope you do awesome readings with it. Better start saving now ;)

ana luisa

Yes, I'm here :) But will leave soon; busy day today. You know what I realized ? That our avatars are SO telling !!! I love Tower moments, spooky stuff, stomach twists and melancholy, that's why I chose her to represent me, Miranda...
http://www.johnwaterhouse.com/view.cfm?recordid=45
Who can NOT love Waterhouse ?!!!!
And you picked a Unicorn. Dreams that are out of this world craving to be released from that fence. How can something so small and mundane keep such a fantastic animal captive ? Think about it ;)

FLizarraga

I meant here in my office; it was as if you were peeking over my shoulder... ;-)

That's such a beautiful painting, ana luisa. Such yearning! I think I'll call you Miranda from now on... ;-)

And that was wonderful insight. Last fall I finally made it to the Cloisters and was able to see the Hunt of the Unicorn tapestries up close, in all their haunting, threadbare beauty. You could hear Janet Cardiff's Forty-Part Motet --it was playing in a nearby chapel. One lives for moments like that.

FLizarraga

As Keats would say : A thing of beauty is a joy forever. :)

YES.

On a similar note, I took advantage of a pause at work to do my first De Lora quick two-card reading. The answer to my unspecified question: Cross + Clouds... 8-{

"Forlorn melancholy spooky vibe" indeedy!

LenormandLady

Thank you!!

Hello!
I am the creator of the Lenormand De Lora deck and I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who have purchased it. I happened to stumble upon this thread and website and wanted to show my gratitude. I hope you are enjoying the cards. I made them with a lot of love. :)

Lora