Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aquarius 17 - #317

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: AQUARIUS
Degree: 17
Number: 317

Symbol: A WATCHDOG STANDING GUARD, PROTECTING HIS MASTER AND HIS POSSESSIONS.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 316.jpg
    316.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 298

Sweet Irish Angel

Confused!!

can someone please tell me more about this, I have never heard of it, but would love to learn more :)

purple_scorp

Dear Sweet Irish Angel,

hi, and welcome to the Sabian Symbols corner of ATF.

Were you wanting to know more about the Sabian Symbols in general, or this symbol (Aquarius 17) specifically?

Here is a link to Lynda Hill's website where she explains what the Sabian Symbols are, their history, and their use as an Oracle.

Lynda is also an ATF member and sometimes posts throughout the Sabian threads.

That's probably a great starting point. Have a read and then be sure and post any questions you may have. There are many Symbolers here that would love to introduce and guide you through the wonderful world of Sabian.

By the way, I love all of those hearts and your beautiful graphic in your signature. You must be a very talented person.

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

Sweet Irish Angel said:
can someone please tell me more about this, I have never heard of it, but would love to learn more :)

Wow! Sweet Irish Angel, purple_scorp is right in saying you have a lovely signature!!!! It's so beautiful, flowing and moving!

I thought these links might help you in some way...
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=45673
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=43883
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=42735

Also, if you do a search, you'll find a wealth of information and perhaps exactly what you're looking for.

Everyone sees and intuits the symbols differently, which adds not only more depth to the sabian symbols themselves but helps each of us to gain more clarity.

Looking at this symbol, hmmm, a watchdog standing guard, the words that come to mind are 'a rebel, an idealist, someone steadfast.....watchful observation'...the slightest sound the dog would suddenly jumps to its feet, glaring about fiercely....its hair rising on the back of its neck, rumbling in its chest! Ohh look at those sharp teeth...Yikes!!

A stranger encountering such an animal would need its owner to hold it back....otherwise the dog may think them an enemy and go straight for their throat. Most guard dogs possess a heightened emotional sensitivity....they can be high strung, nervous and very emotional.

Could this be someone with an overactive nature? Someone of a spirited nature or who hides and masks a deeper vulnerability? Perhaps others look to this person, this watchdog as their leader, protector (I get a sense of power and control here)? It could indicate someone with a powerful driving force, perhaps rebellious but a possessor of a lot of courage. Single-minded and focussed!

There's definitely so much knowledge in one symbol......it will be interesting to read what others see!!

tink :love:

Sweet Irish Angel

Thanx a mill

oh thatnk you both purple-scorp and tink :)

you are very kind, i will have a good read of the links and come back when i digest these.

thanx a mill for the comments on my signature as a wee thank you i will create on for you both, and you can use it if you choose :)

*(`'·.¸(`'·. ¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.·'´)*
»~:¤.·º`·. -Tink - ·´º·.¤:~«
*(¸.·'´(¸.·' ´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)

_./'\._¸¸.•¤**¤•.¸.•¤**¤•….*
*•. .•** Purple Scorp *!!*!!** ♥♥♥.**
/.•*•.\ ¸..•¤**¤•., .•¤**¤•.*.*

just copy and paste them from here to your signature :)

thanx again :grin:

purple_scorp

Oh my goodness, Sweet Irish Angel.

I'm so, I don't know......thankful, overwhelmed, excited. How very sweet of you to create those beautiful works of art. I love them both. How do you do it? Is it ascii code or something? Can you use different colours - yep, I'm angling for purple.

with love
purple_scorp

purple_scorp

_./'\._¸¸...•¤**¤•.¸.•¤**¤•...,,_./'\._
*•. .•* ♥♥♥ purple_scorp ♥♥♥ *•. .•*
/.•*•.\ ,,...•¤**¤•.,.•¤**¤•...,,/.•*•.\

Wow! This is so much fun. I'm just playing around with a few different things. Thanks Sweet Irish Angel for broadening my mind. Hmm, now I'm wondering if I can create a scorpion with these characters. How cool would that be?

with love
purple_scorp

Sweet Irish Angel

hehe yes its ascii art, cant do a lot, but will try a scorpion lol, cant say i will be able tho, or i will look for one hehe, you can do colours but there is not coloured text here is there??

tink27

Sweet Irish Angel said:
oh thatnk you both purple-scorp and tink :)

you are very kind, i will have a good read of the links and come back when i digest these.

thanx a mill for the comments on my signature as a wee thank you i will create on for you both, and you can use it if you choose :)

*(`'·.¸(`'·. ¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.·'´)*
»~:¤.·º`·. -Tink - ·´º·.¤:~«
*(¸.·'´(¸.·' ´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)

_./'\._¸¸.•¤**¤•.¸.•¤**¤•….*
*•. .•** Purple Scorp *!!*!!** ♥♥♥.**
/.•*•.\ ¸..•¤**¤•., .•¤**¤•.*.*

just copy and paste them from here to your signature :)

thanx again :grin:

Ohhhhhhhh!! Sweet Irish Angel, these are beautiful! You are so-o-o creative! Thank you! What a beautiful gift...so delicate looking..I love it!

ascii art?? Now it's your turn to enlighten me?? How does one do this....does it take you a really long time? Wow! Wow! Wow!

Thank you
tink :love: