Fool's Dog Tarot Apps!!

Shade

Does the 1910 App use artwork from a Pam A - Pam D? If that's the case then I think the law ultimately may be on your side. If the artwork was taken from a later printing of the deck by US Games then you would need to enter into a licensing agreement with them, right?

momentarylight

Jason. I would love Fool's Dog to do another version of the Crone deck by Ellen Lorenzi Prince.

There is an existing app but the type face is so small and difficult to read. Ellen was one of the first to actually commission a tarot app and the interface is a little clunky, perhaps reflecting the technology of the time.

Worthy of consideration?

JasonLion

We used scans of Pam-A cards as the source material for the Classic 1910 Deck. In the US the copyright status is straightforward, but in the UK it is debatable. As a publisher who depends on copyright protection for our income, we have decided to respect the UK copyright, despite it's questionable aspects. Most of the rest of the world honors the status in the UK, so we are limited to the US market for the Classic 1910 Deck.

JasonLion

momentarylight, yes, certainly worthy of consideration! However, keep in mind that decks which already have apps are not usually available for us to license. We keep track of requests, and inquire after everything that gets a couple of requests (or more), but they don't always work out.

JasonLion

momentarylight, yes, certainly worthy of consideration! However, keep in mind that decks which already have apps are not usually available for us to license. We keep track of requests, and inquire after everything that gets a couple of requests (or more), but they don't always work out.

Shade

Glad to hear it and glad I saw the expanded list. My cohost and I reviewed your apps (wildly positively) for a podcast we have coming out this summer and we clearly didn't know the full range of decks you have available.

Le Fanu

New to iPhones but I just downloaded the Buckland Romani and loved the quality so much I downloaded the Holy Light too. Beautiful apps, really beautiful.

But one dumb question; how on earth do I turn off the voice: "todays card..." aargh!

That's the only thing that bothers me. The rest I like.

ETA; found it! Voice prompts; OFF!

JasonLion

The voice prompts can be turned off on the settings page, accessed via the gear icon on the main menu.

Le Fanu

The voice prompts can be turned off on the settings page, accessed via the gear icon on the main menu.
Thank you, found it! But these apps are superb! I shall never be bored travelling to work again!

Emily

I've never really took to virtual decks before but these are brilliant to use, I like the journal - keeps track of my dailies. So far I have the Wildwood, International Icon and the Sampler but I also want the Romani, Rosetta, Steampunk.

Have you ever given thought to adding the Liber T? :)