Fool's Dog Tarot Apps!!

Madame Squee

YES! Here's How:
1) Go to settings. Under the "Shuffle, Cut Draw" section set the "Draw From" option to "List of Cards".
2) Go back to the main menu, and then select "New Reading".
3) In the "New Reading" section type a question or title for reading/spread, then select "Free Form Spread".
4) Tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner. Select "Draw Specific Card". That should take you to the list of cards.
5) Select the card you want, the top of your selected card should appear behind the deck/ partial card back. Drag your card to wherever you want it on the screen. You can rotate it using two fingers.
6) Repeat steps 4 & 5 until you are satisfied. Don't forget to make notes by tapping the journal icon in the lower right. You can also tap on each individual card and make notes for each card. You can also edit your title/question in the Journal view.

Hope this helps have fun!!
You are my hero!!!! :love:

3ill.yazi

YES! Here's How:
1) Go to settings. Under the "Shuffle, Cut Draw" section set the "Draw From" option to "List of Cards".
2) Go back to the main menu, and then select "New Reading".
3) In the "New Reading" section type a question or title for reading/spread, then select "Free Form Spread".
4) Tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner. Select "Draw Specific Card". That should take you to the list of cards.
5) Select the card you want, the top of your selected card should appear behind the deck/ partial card back. Drag your card to wherever you want it on the screen. You can rotate it using two fingers.
6) Repeat steps 4 & 5 until you are satisfied. Don't forget to make notes by tapping the journal icon in the lower right. You can also tap on each individual card and make notes for each card. You can also edit your title/question in the Journal view.

Hope this helps have fun!!

Thanks! I wasn't seeing that! I was using Beautiful Tarot for this, but the Dog's RWS app is a little easier to read on my iPhone.

purplepony

You are my hero!!!! :love:

Oh goodness, mine too! However, methinks credit card and husband might not be so impressed coz if I get the app and don't have the cards I will have to get the cards and obviously I am now going to have to get the apps for the decks I already have.

LOL and I havn't even visited the Enabling thread yet;)

GryffinSong

Oh goodness, mine too! However, methinks credit card and husband might not be so impressed coz if I get the app and don't have the cards I will have to get the cards and obviously I am now going to have to get the apps for the decks I already have.

LOL and I havn't even visited the Enabling thread yet;)

I'm doing the opposite. I've found their apps so convenient, and the card images so much more beautiful on my ipad's retina display, that I only very rarely use my physical decks anymore.

purplepony

After spending quite a bit of time using this app yesterday (both with the real deck and without) I think I could very easily just use the app and not the physical deck as well, which is something I never thought would be possible.

My only question is will Ciro's decks ever be available as Fool's Dog apps? I have both his The Legacy of the Divine and the Gilded Tarot apps however I just can't use them (the graphics are lovely of course but the app is not easy to use), which is so disappointing as I LOVE those decks.

LOL after trying Fool's Dog apps I don't think I will be buying any other tarot apps in future.

Aivli

After spending quite a bit of time using this app yesterday (both with the real deck and without) I think I could very easily just use the app and not the physical deck as well, which is something I never thought would be possible.

My only question is will Ciro's decks ever be available as Fool's Dog apps? I have both his The Legacy of the Divine and the Gilded Tarot apps however I just can't use them (the graphics are lovely of course but the app is not easy to use), which is so disappointing as I LOVE those decks.

LOL after trying Fool's Dog apps I don't think I will be buying any other tarot apps in future.

I agree and feel exactly the same way. Fool's Dog has ruined me for any other tarot/oracle app developer. They just can't, and don't, even compare or come close. I recently purchased The Enchanted Map Oracle app from Oceanhouse Media/Hay House and while the images are beautiful the app is severely lacking in functionality. So utterly disappointing, but I should have known. I wish other tarot/oracle app developers would take a cue from Fool's Dog and step up their game.

GryffinSong

I agree with both of you. When I open any deck from any other provider I literally crinkle my lips in disappointment. I was going to use a deck yesterday and closed it when I realized it wasn't one of Fools Dog. They truly are setting the bar very high for quality and usability.

flying black kat

I love Fool's Dog. I have 5 on my cell phone. I learned from this thread how to get the “Tarot of the Trees’ on my phone.

The only one I have that is not Fool Dog is “Tarot the Open Reading” by Yova Ben-Dov. I got it because I have his Tarot of Marseilles deck (Thank You Sulis) and I love this version of the deck. It is a very detailed app, and I used it daily for card of the day reading and have found it accurate. There is a lot on this app that I am still learning about.

My next apps will all be Fool's Dog, I still want more of these great apps. Love the Druidcraft, Druid Plant and Animal Oracle, and Crystal Vision Tarot so far.

Kathy

Ace of Stars

I agree and feel exactly the same way. Fool's Dog has ruined me for any other tarot/oracle app developer. They just can't, and don't, even compare or come close. I recently purchased The Enchanted Map Oracle app from Oceanhouse Media/Hay House and while the images are beautiful the app is severely lacking in functionality. So utterly disappointing, but I should have known. I wish other tarot/oracle app developers would take a cue from Fool's Dog and step up their game.

Just to be fair to ALL the developers out there, I think you should qualify this statement with "on iOS" if that is the platform you're using. There are apps on Android that you may have never used, after all.

Ace of Stars

I agree with both of you. When I open any deck from any other provider I literally crinkle my lips in disappointment. I was going to use a deck yesterday and closed it when I realized it wasn't one of Fools Dog. They truly are setting the bar very high for quality and usability.

Ditto what I wrote to Aivli