Love of my life spread.

Wood33

Did the yes/no 13 card (3 piles -13 cards each pile). 1) Deal out cards in first pile. If you come to an ace or magician, stop and start second pile.
2)Deal out second pile. If you come to an ace or magician, stop and start third pile.
3)Deal out third pile. If you come to an ace or magician, stop.

ace+ace+ace=yes to your question
ace+magician+13 cards=yes to your question
magician+13cards(no ace)+13cards(no ace)=most likely no but maybe
ace+13cards(no ace)+13cards(no ace)=not likely
13cards(no ace)+13cards(no ace)+13cards(no ace)=definitely no

In each pile, you must keep dealing until you get an ace or mage. Once you get either, stop and start the next pile. Since the mage is more powerful than the aces it holds more power to question, hence mage+ace = yes concentrating on top card in the third pile. Obviously ace+ace+mage=definitely yes

I did a reading this morning seeing if I will meet the love of my life this year. I was given a reading 4 years ago and the woman reading for me told me this year I would meet my soulmate. I did a self reading and want to share results: upside down ace of cups+2 of cups(upright)+Magician(upright). I would like to get others opinions as I value insight into the matter from other readers.

ClimbTheseWalls

Why is the magician the significant card regarding love of one's life?

Wood33

Significance of mage

Mage is the more powerful card in this spread. Magician signifies the ability to change anything. While aces represent the starting point within each suit.

ClimbTheseWalls

Thanks!

Haunted Wood

read the card piles like a spread

I've tried this before, there was another thread somewhere about this method of answering yes/no questions. I like it because it's simpler than other methods. I just asked myself whether I would fall in love this year and got 'Ace, ace, magician', so definately yes...hmm time will tell! :p I've been wondering if perhaps the other cards drawn in the piles might be offering insight. I've played around with it with other questions...I've tried re-asking questions, sort of do a best two out of three thing, out of curiosity as to how it works and to test whether it really does work. I shuffle really well but still find I get the same answer, and pretty much all the same cards but they might switch positions (be in a different pile). It's a bit weird.

I don't use reversals when doing this, I find that the other cards drawn in the piles will give enough insight and point out any possible blockages. I think perhaps once you have your three piles it would be a good exercise to lay out the cards, keeping them in their piles.

Like, say you got an Ace, Ace, Magician combo, indicating definately yes you could lay them out in columns with the 3 columns next to each other:
Pile 1. Ace of Pentacles
2 of Swords
Knight of Cups
The World
Temperance

Pile 2. Ace of Cups
5 of Cups
King of Pentacles
8 of Wands
6 of Pentacles
10 of Cups
Page of Cups
2 of Wands
Page of Pentacles
3 of Pentacles

Pile 3. The Magician
6 of Wands
9 of Swords
9 of Wands
Judgement
The Emperor
Queen of Pentacles
The Moon
8 of Swords
9 of Cups

This is what I got by the way for 'Will I fall in love this year?', but I'm just providing it as an example.

Hmm I'm not sure how I would go about reading this. Perhaps read them like a story? I wonder about which way to read the cards, because when making the piles, the ace/magician if you get one is the last card you put on.

Perhaps then read the columns from the bottom up?
So maybe the aces/magician is the end of the journey, the manifestation of the question and all other cards before it are what you will have to do to get there, or is foretelling of the surrounding influences to the question, maybe a suggestion of what else will happen along the way before you attain whatever it is you're seeking.

I suppose you could think of the cards as being related to whatever ace (or magician) they are under. So the ace of pentacles is a seed of earthy, physical, sensual things...ace of cups more about new emotions overflowing, the magician about manifestation, creation, will etc.

Hmm, I find it interesting that the Ace of Pents pile is a lot smaller than the other two, which both have 10 cards in them. Ah, I think it will take some mulling over to figure it out. Obviously there would probably be no right and wrong way of reading the piles, because there are no positions as such. Just rely on intuition to guide you I guess. Hmm, and as well as reading the columns it would be necessary to step back and look at all the cards as a whole. I can see several cards that I've gotten in other readings (on relationships, love life in general) that I've done fairly recently, which is interesting. I think that even if something which the cards say definately yes to does not happen in the end, the cards pulled might still be useful. Perhaps the other cards say 'Definately yes - if you do all of this!'. Or maybe not. Will see how powerful my powers of prediction are if I fall in love by the end of the year. Of course, the problem is that even if something is heading towards that destination, we have free will and sometimes alter things and steer them in another direction. So I don't know, but it's fun to play around with. :)

Perhaps more cards in a pile suggest more work to be done before you get what you desire? In your reading did you not have any other cards in your piles, except the 2 of cups? I would say this might suggest that you will meet them soon, that you don't have other things to work through before you get there. :) The reversed ace of cups might suggest an overflow of emotions, maybe you hold them back for ages and then they suddenly burst forth like a flood. Or on the flip side it might been that the attributes of this card are blocked, hesitant and afraid to accept offers of love?

Anyway, sorry I've rambled on a bit. Just thought I'd suggest that, I know you posted this back in july so you might not read this. Oh well, maybe somebody will. :)

SweetLove14

So annoying

i got none of these combonations >_<

Wood33

yes thats possible grapewfruitmoon

I have talked to people about reading the third pile that has no ace on top but never really discussed the cards underneath the ace or mage. I am wondering about that since your aim is to get the ace or mage in one of the piles. Once you get them you have reached that plateau you want to be at.

I am going to try it now and I will tell you what I have found after I do the reading.

OK
First pile:(no aces) 9 of swords,10 of swords(not good way to start:)),3 of pentacles,queen of swords,3 of cups, tower, moon, 10 of pentacles, king of swords, Star, 7 of swords, Lovers(YIPPEEE)

Second Pile: 6 of swords, 4 of swords, knight of swords, knight of pentacles, Ace of wands

Third pile: 8 of swords, page of cups, hierophant, emperor, fool, 7 of cups, high priestess, 4 of cups, world, chariot, ace of pentacles

Now from what I understand, two pentacles says strong possibility(YES) with a concentration on third pile without and ace or mage.
This to me says yes. Ace in two piles with the lovers card in the pile I dont have any aces. Let me know what you think.

Wood

LadyKathryn

this spread

I'm not sure which order to read the cards in

1st pile 11 cards ends with the Ace of Swords
the hanging man
King of Pentacles
the tower
two of swords
3 of pentacles
Queen of Swords
Knight of Wands
King of Cups
5 of Cups
6 of cups
Ace of Swords

2ond Pile
No ace or mage last card delt 8 of Cups

The Devil
4 of Pentacles
4 of swords
King of Wands
Page of swords
Knight of Swords
The Star * i adore this card*
9 of pentacles
10 of Pentacles
The World *ps.. i've never seen this card as a completion card...or a finish card.. i saw it as a starting point..full of potential like the aces. *
Knight of cups
King of Swords
8 of Cups

Third Pile ends with Ace of Cups only 7 cards in the pile
The fool
7 of pentacles
Page of Pentacles
The Empress
4 of Cups
6 of swords
Ace of Cups

So do i read only the top cards... or do i read them all ??? thats a ton of cards to be looking at.

I'm confused. lol

Wood33

Hey LK

Yes you read all piles and whats underneath should give you an idea of whats happening or whats about to happen. I know its alot of cards but the cards should tell a story. Your question, whatever it is will be explained by the top cards and what is underneath will elaborate a bit more what the top card is all about. If your still having probs i can talk you through unfortunately I am on my way into work right now but I will check periodically. Keep reading :)

Wood

Jmeremwy

tried the spread

I tried this spread last night and tonight and I the answers I got for each were Ace, Ace, Magician and Ace, Magician, Ace. Does this mean yes to my question? It's a nice easy spread though and I'm glad you thought it up.