Personality/Qualities Spread?

KSPisces

In another thread, someone recommended doing a spread to help figure out what qualities within oneself that needed to be worked on to help find that "special someone."

Does anyone have a recommendation for a spread that would accomplish this?

Thanks!!!

SkadisPhoenix

I had this spread passed on to me, and it really is effective, I've done it for myself, and a number of other people, all of whom have been surprised at the accuracy.

You need the whole deck, seperated into Major Arcana, each seperate suit, and the Court Cards.

Arrange each stack in a circle, with the Major Arcana at about 8o'clock on a clock face. The sequence goes:

1) Major Arcana
2) Wands
3) Cups
4) Swords
5) Pentacles
6) Court Cards

Next you turn over the top card, after having shuffled well obviously). The top card is your best or strongest aspect of your personality, what you can use best to achieve any dreams you have:

1) Your greatest Spiritual Strength
2) Your most enterprising characteristic
3) Your best emotional strength
4) Your strongest response to problems
5) Your most admirable financial/resource ability
6) Your favourite aspect of your personality

Once you've looked at those cards, and understood them, you take the bottom card of each pile and lay it horizontally across the top card. These cards are where you are least happy with your personality, and once you understand them, you'll be able to do something about them, and hence improve yourself and your life:

1) Your most important Spiritual challenge at this time
2) Your most problematic attitude towards work
3) Your most difficult emotional challenge at this time
4) Your worst fear when facing problems
5) Your financial weakness
6) Your least favourite aspect of your personality

Finally, once you have understood the second set of cards, you can tie them together to see how you can get them to work together to help you with life.

On an added note, though this wasn't suggested when I was told about this spread, what could work is having a second tarot deck next to you as well, so that if there are cards that you simply cannot work out, you can pull clarifying cards, which will be mixed, and get additional help from them.

I hope that helps you. :)

KSPisces

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

This was FASCINATING!!!

Because I'm still so new at this, it's going to take me awhile to digest it and put it all together. But I have to admit, there were a couple that did not shock me when they turned up.

THANKS AGAIN!

nirvie

that looks like a great spread! I think I'm going to try it out later.

SkadisPhoenix

I'm glad it could help you, I wanted a spread that would be good for if people were new to tarot, and asked me for a reading, and it's one that can be done at least once a month, see how things change. :)

nirvie

Funnily enough, soon after I posted my reply saying I liked this spread, I found it while flipping through the book that I just got with my new Mystic Faerie deck!:p

SkadisPhoenix

Yeah, probably! :p My friend has that one methinks. Mind you, she's got so many, I'm losing track of them all! :D

tihfunee

This one is pretty interesting. I'm writing it in my journal to try it out in the morning. :D

It has me excited. haha

mar-landy

Hi guys,

It took me some time to do the reading, not having much time to dedicate to Tarot, I just wanted you to know that it was a hell of a reading, very exact (I've been trying it on my friends) and the results were spectacular!!

Thanks once more!!