Solving a Crime Spread

Amanda

This was hard to do, but I really want one of these floating around. I feel like this is unfinished because I just threw it together- so if anyone comes up with anymore questions or ideas, please post them.

1. Who was the perpetrator(s)? - (I would suggest 1 card)

2. Additional info/circumstances surrounding the perpetrator(s): (I would suggest 3 cards)

3. Who was the victim(s)? - (I would suggest 1 card)

4. Additional info/circumstances surrounding the victim(s): (I would suggest 3 cards)

5. What was the motive of this crime? - (I would suggest 1 - 3 cards)

6. How did the events of the crime unfold? - (I would suggest 3 - 5 cards)

7. How can law enforcement link the perp(s) to the victim(s)? - (I would suggest 3 - 5 cards)

8. Will police be successful in catching the perp(s) responsible for this crime? - (1 card)

Let me know what you think.

Girl Archer

This is a very cool and innovative spread Amanda! I will try it out asap but then, even for practice purposes, would it affect the accuracy of the reading if I tried it on an already solved crime? Or a fictional one? Like the theft of the blue carbuncle? :p

Amanda

This is a very cool and innovative spread Amanda! I will try it out asap but then, even for practice purposes, would it affect the accuracy of the reading if I tried it on an already solved crime? Or a fictional one? Like the theft of the blue carbuncle? :p

I wouldn't think so.. it might make it better to get a feel for the spread if you try it out on something you've already got the details on. :)

Girl Archer

I wouldn't think so.. it might make it better to get a feel for the spread if you try it out on something you've already got the details on. :)

Then wouldn't I have the facts at hand, and wouldn't my knowledge of things color the reading somehow?

Amanda

Then wouldn't I have the facts at hand, and wouldn't my knowledge of things color the reading somehow?

Well sure, but I would think it would help you learn the cards in a new way that could help give you new insights into them when you read on a case where you don't have much to go on.

Girl Archer

Well sure, but I would think it would help you learn the cards in a new way that could help give you new insights into them when you read on a case where you don't have much to go on.

True. But then in a case where I know the perpetrator of an offence to be the weak-willed accomplice driver and then I get the Chariot card from my halloween deck, then won't I already have this settled in my mind that yes, the card shows a car and thus indicates a driver? But if I did not know, then I would say that it is someone very strong willed and perhaps deals with automobiles in some manner?

Dolphin_Dreamer

Amanda: This I think is a great idea! I would try to rephrase #8 from a Yes/No to maybe "Outcome: How police will catch the criminal" or Outcome: Who or How the criminal is caught or something... But also while we may want the police to do something, not everything has the police involved or is it thier interest, and some things remain 'cold cases'

I love this idea tho and you should take a look in the legal section of the spread index for some ideas. Maybe there could/should be 2 diff uses: 1 for major or questioning if police should be involved and another tweak for minor when life takes care of itself...

@Girl Archer: Often when I would test my spreads I would try it out on friends or people who wanted a reading. You could do the same maybe but not get the details from people or use the Experimental Techniques or reading exchange part of the forums...

Girl Archer

@Girl Archer: Often when I would test my spreads I would try it out on friends or people who wanted a reading. You could do the same maybe but not get the details from people or use the Experimental Techniques or reading exchange part of the forums...

That is a good idea. I will try that out. Thanks Dolphin!

Espirito

Very nice spread! :D