The lily card

Kurenai

Ah,
So many interpretations.
I would have to go with the "many" interpretation with the fish card here -- since not all of the members have genes that cause breast cancer (me included). I know that in some readings such as questions regarding fertility, the fish card can denote sperms.

Amanda

Only always!

Ok, so in terms of multiples I can see the Whips (twice, repetition), Birds (couple), Paths (split in 2), etc.

As for Fish, abundance, prosperity, flourishing, income, affluence, depth, etc. It's more of a broad 'more than enough' feeling, to me... a flowing supply. Does that make sense?

Yep, all that makes sense to me.

I would think "Lily & Garden" would be more towards a "support group" although never used it.

Yeah, you're right. That thought crossed my mind, but then I remembered the Park can be more public or celebratory.

Ah,
So many interpretations.
I would have to go with the "many" interpretation with the fish card here -- since not all of the members have genes that cause breast cancer (me included). I know that in some readings such as questions regarding fertility, the fish card can denote sperms.

Good interpretation! :thumbsup:

MandMaud

Actually, now that 1Eleven has picked my brain, I think I can see Lily + Fish literally translating into "support group". Fish also swim in schools. I could see Scythe + Lily indicating 'survivors'. The threat that is the Scythe is overcome by the peaceful and cleansing Lily.

I have been told that fish can mean a group of people - "school", as you say - but also the way conversation and social interaction can be flowing, happy, productive. I'm not quite sure whether I'm comfortable with the social meaning of this card, for myself, but it's out there. :)

Kurenai

I've learned so much from this thread!

monisina

Hello

In health area, Lily card is connected with aging problems, sexualy transmitted problems, eyes, hearing. Fish: kidney, bladder, dehydratation, swelling, fertility.
Breast used to be connected to Child card.

Lily card other´s meaning: To be satisfied. Support. Mature behaviour. Experience. Peaceful mind.
Fish: something at the deep level, be too much engulfed in emotions, abundance, prosperity, avoiding something.

I personally think that the trio combo means: the end of (Scythe) avoiding something (Fish) and gain a lot of support (Lily+Fish) and thus good peaceful mood and inner feelings.

DownUnderNZer

I was told the Lenormand was meant to deal with specific questions, so with anything general it can go in all directions and that is where it can get confusing.

Fish can also mean, to me, "back and forth" as well as a free spirit, so down to your own choices rather than compulsory.

The Lenormand is ideal for specific questions and areas, but it really does make a difference if you know the cards and how to apply them to the question.

Generals? Anything goes...

Kurenai

I was told the Lenormand was meant to deal with specific questions, so with anything general it can go in all directions and that is where it can get confusing.

Fish can also mean, to me, "back and forth" as well as a free spirit, so down to your own choices rather than compulsory.

The Lenormand is ideal for specific questions and areas, but it really does make a difference if you know the cards and how to apply them to the question.

Generals? Anything goes...

Thanks for your input!
So, then, out of curiosity, for the daily reading how should I word the questions? Or would you recommend against daily readings?

1Eleven

So, then, out of curiosity, for the daily reading how should I word the questions? Or would you recommend against daily readings?

I think daily readings are just as important as a full GT. Why? You get to experience the varied impact of each card based on that time frame.

As for questions, I use these:
"What will happen to me today?"
or "What will happen today?" Do you notice the difference and how that can modify your results?

Also, at the end of the day I've seen Andy B. ask, "What can I take from today?"

Have fun

DownUnderNZer

For learning and practice do it in pairs, threes, or fives (I reckon) after you have the base meanings down packed as much as possible.

As for DAILY DRAWS maybe if you have plans during it - it might be better. A focus point.

1) Am going out to lunch with Kate today - how will that go?
2) Have a job interview at 2 pm - what should I know about the interviewer?
3) Mum wants to talk to me this afternoon about money - is there anything I need to do to prepare for that conversation?
4) Sam asked me on a lunch date - what should I expect to unfold?
5) Staying at home all day today - is there anything I need to know regarding a) School b) Cynthia c) Family d) Work e) Steve and Lara's camping trip etc,etc, etc.

Easy as pie! :)

Thanks for your input!

Kurenai

Thanks!
Sorry to keep picking your brains, but since the issue of asking specific questions came up:

I am waiting to hear back from a certain institution about the upcoming interview. It is out of town and we already have a date set up. However, they said they would get back to me about helping to pay for my travel expenses. That was Monday, and I have yet to hear back from them.

So I tossed the following question: Will I hear back from XYZ today?

I got: child + scythe + coffin

The immediate interpretation seems to be "no." But is there anything else I should read into this spread?