First time

Learntarot2

Hi all

I got my first lenormand deck. The one by Ciro Marchetti.

It's so lovely. But I don't know where to start!!!!!

I would've.loved to read for myself but I've never been able to. Even with normal tarot cards.

Any suggestions pls? [emoji5]

Aster Breo

There are tons of resources for getting started on reading Lenormand cards, besides this forum, which is one of the best resources.

http://www.divinewhispers.net/lenormandlessons.htm This is a really good place to start, with tons of links to blog posts, podcasts, free downloadable decks, and teaching videos.

http://www.cafelenormand.com/ A blog about all things Lenormand.

The links above will undoubtedly lead you to more resources online.

There are also some paid online Lenormand courses that I've heard really good things about, especially the ones on Cartomancy.net and Iris Treppner's course. If you search the archives here, you should find more info on courses.

If you prefer books, I'd recommend, all of which are available in paperback or as ebooks:

The Essential Lenormand, by Rana George: http://www.amazon.com/The-Essential..._sim_14_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1C7VEFB70Y475G6AG1SH

The Complete Lenormand Oracle Handbook, by Caitlin Matthews: http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Lenormand-Oracle-Handbook/dp/1620553252/ref=pd_cp_14_1

Lenormand Thirty Six Cards: An Introduction to the Petit Lenormand, by Andy Boroveshengra: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1500582484/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_.Yh9vbX793TGJ (make sure to get the 2015 edition)

I have all three (and the one by Sylvia Steinbach), and I like them all a lot. I think Matthews's book is organized better as a learning program, but I find George's and Boroveshengra's symbol meanings and card combo interpretations resonate more with my own way of reading. So I tend to use the books together.

There are several threads here that give reviews of these and the other Lenormand books that are now available.

There are also a bunch of Lenormand groups on Facebook, where people share readings and interpretations. That can be a great way to practice.

Hopefully, that's enough for a good starting point, and other people will add resources I missed.

Tag_jorrit

Great suggestions from AB. And there's another option if you don't do well at self-guided study.

I found a lot of things fell into place when I took a course. There's a really inexpensive beginner's course carefully crafted by Björn Meuris that can get you up and running in no time. It is a great introduction that will expose you to the basics -- the meanings, grammar and combinations.

Then there's the Grand Tableau course that is the real heart of Lenormand that introduces the concept of what he calls clusters and how they relate to the various areas of life that concern the person who's the center of the reading. Then there's the Method of Distance course if you want to add another layer to your readings.

The structure really helped me to put together all the information I had already learned and I know it would have shortened my learning curve immensely if I had known about his courses when I first found Lenormand.

Kurenai

Hi all

I got my first lenormand deck. The one by Ciro Marchetti.

It's so lovely. But I don't know where to start!!!!!

I would've.loved to read for myself but I've never been able to. Even with normal tarot cards.

Any suggestions pls? [emoji5]

Hey,
I'm a newbie in the Lenormand too! Others have given you a lot of great ways to learn! I should take them up too!

One thing I've been doing to help me learn the Lenormand better is keeping a journal where I write down the daily 3-card draws and its possible meaning/interpretation. Every morning before I go on with my everyday chores, I shuffle the deck and pull out 3 cards. Then I write it down -- then TRY to interpret what they are saying. I re-visit the entry the next day and write down what happened with a different colored ink. That was I can compare my interpretations with what really happened. :)

Learntarot2

Thank u. I'm going to try that. It would be a good way to journal as well

Tag_jorrit

If you are interested in the course I mentioned above, here and here are examples of Bjorn's style.

Winterchild

Great suggestions from AB. And there's another option if you don't do well at self-guided study.

I found a lot of things fell into place when I took a course. There's a really inexpensive beginner's course carefully crafted by Björn Meuris that can get you up and running in no time. It is a great introduction that will expose you to the basics -- the meanings, grammar and combinations.

Then there's the Grand Tableau course that is the real heart of Lenormand that introduces the concept of what he calls clusters and how they relate to the various areas of life that concern the person who's the center of the reading. Then there's the Method of Distance course if you want to add another layer to your readings.

The structure really helped me to put together all the information I had already learned and I know it would have shortened my learning curve immensely if I had known about his courses when I first found Lenormand.

I am a beginner to Lenormand, but The Method of Distance course sounds amazing... anyone done it?

Tag_jorrit

I have done all 3. All are better than anything else I have found. The way he explains things is very straight forward and encourages you to use your own judgment and insight; which is what you will ultimately do when you do readings for someone else.

That said, I would definitely suggest beginning with the first course, which is very inexpensive. It lays all the ground work you will need, and explains how you combine the cards to extract the meanings. Using his course you will NEVER, EVER need to refer to "combination charts" because you will have a basic understand of how the cards interact.

After you get that down, then you graduate to the GT & Method of Distance. You can work on combining them all together but in hindsight I would say that doing the basic course and learning the cards first is the best way and I wish I had known about his courses when I first started. I would have learned much faster. YMMV

I read books and lots of blogs, and tried another course and they all helped, but his courses made everything come together.

Winterchild

I have done all 3. All are better than anything else I have found. The way he explains things is very straight forward and encourages you to use your own judgment and insight; which is what you will ultimately do when you do readings for someone else.

That said, I would definitely suggest beginning with the first course, which is very inexpensive. It lays all the ground work you will need, and explains how you combine the cards to extract the meanings. Using his course you will NEVER, EVER need to refer to "combination charts" because you will have a basic understand of how the cards interact.

After you get that down, then you graduate to the GT & Method of Distance. You can work on combining them all together but in hindsight I would say that doing the basic course and learning the cards first is the best way and I wish I had known about his courses when I first started. I would have learned much faster. YMMV

I read books and lots of blogs, and tried another course and they all helped, but his courses made everything come together.

Wow, that's a great commendation! Thank you, and I love your decks by the way, I have three so far, and feel privileged to own them!