The Saturn/Pluto Opposition

isthmus nekoi

Thanks for the post, AG!

Interesting that the last opposition was 1965. I don't know much about astrology, but maybe it has a connection w/the whole 60s culture... 40/50s was sooooooo conservative (at least in North America) and then *bam*: The 60s!

mystic

AG- fasinating. Your insights are, as usual, right on.

Jade- How could anyone be abusive to you? Sounds like someone is not in touch with reality.

Anyway, everyone look out....here comes an astral event of huge significance....ride the wave everyone, and hold on, the ride is going to be fun (remaining optimistic).......

Great job AG, keep it up!! :)

jade

well, i just finished a huge cleansing in my life. internet wise.

i have removed myself from numerous groups, cleaned out my email address file, cleaned all the files on my harddrive, taken out the trash and wow.......... i've been busy.

i feel exhausted and a warm bath is definitely calling me.

i'm guessing the above info has something to do with this cleaning out i just did.

in light,
jade

ps mystic not everyone likes me............i'm really into clarity and not all people enjoy that :(

AquarianGoddess

Hey Mystic!

Hope life is treating you splendid! It's always nice to see you here :)

AG

Morgeinne

Wow...thanks AG, this really explained some weird happenings as of late. My Aunt Helen had a stroke on the 25th of March, and my sister's headaches have been getting more intense lately...my back pain has been getting worse, and my mother's sores (she gets abscessed sores on her legs every now and then) are becoming more frequent. It amazes me how there's some astrological correlation to everything that happens, LOL...my sis is a Sag and my mom's a Pisces, not sure what Aunt Helen is and no one around here can remember her birthdate...since she's a few hundred miles away and it's too late to call, I can't find out, but whoa...bizARRE, hehe.

piccolo

AG, or anyone, I'm learning astrology, and have a book called 'the only astrology book you'll ever need'. It's really great, but, uh hem, I need another book :-> that will help me understand the degree info I have on my natal chart, and I would like to learn more about how to get information on understanding the stars 'in the now' as you were discussing, AG. I'd love to understand more about the Pluto Saturn opposition, how one can see it on a chart, and how one can apply it to their own chart, and where the planets are and all that jazz.

Anyone have suggestions? thanks p.s. I don't have an ephemeris, do I need one?

Piccolo

AquarianGoddess

Hello Piccolo,

Welcome to the Forum, it's a wonderful and warm place.

I'm not familiar with the book you're reading and don't know how well it explains transits (if it does at all).

A "transit" is where a planet is now, in relation to your birth chart. In order to identify which planets are having an effect on your chart, you first need to be familiar with aspects (how far one planet is from another in degrees). How comfortable are you with identifying aspects?

Here's an example of how to identify a transit:

Each sign has 30 degrees, from zero to 29, so if you're born on June 4 (of any year), the Sun in your chart is 13 degrees of Gemini.

Currently, transiting Saturn is at 10 degrees of Gemini, meaning it's coming up to that 13 degree mark soon...but it's actually in "orb" of conjuncting it now (five degrees on either side).

Currently, transiting Pluto is at 17 degrees of Sagittarius and is opposing (180 degrees) the Gemini Sun.

Yes, you will need an Ephemeris to ascertain where the planets are. If you go to: www.zodiacal.com and click on ephemeris, you'll find one for 2002.

This is a little complicated at first until you get the hang of it. Any questions, please ask.

Regards,
AG

Umbrae

Thanks AG

Reading through your bullet points was more than interesting. It shed much light on the changes, directions, and destinations I have moved towards in the last six months. Thanks for your insight!

piccolo

thanks AG

Purplelady helped me find page two...I thought my post was lost! :)

I will check out the website you suggested. I am in the stage of learning where, since I'm teaching myself and using this website and aeclectic as tutors, I just have gaps in my learning. I have a book on aspects I bought a couple days ago, and its interesting, but I still need to be able to look at a chart and say 'hm, looks like the moon is in capricorn and just about to aspect with such and such. I have a chart that tells me where that moon is, but not the one to tell me what planet the moon is near to. Or, I think I have a chart that if I only understood the symbols, I could read it. I bought a book called a moon almanac, which for me I think was a mistake. I'm not interested in knowing to plant peas on a full moon (yet!).

I have a natal chart that, for example says something like "pluto 2 degrees virgo' and next to it 'moon 16 degrees virgo'. I thought that meant my moon was 16 degrees virgo, but when I used a chart to calculate my moon by hand, I came up with 4 degrees virgo...so I get confused, is it me, the book?

I'm not too wigged out about it, I'll eventually find more accurate information, and learn how to read more accurately :) Patience is one of my life lessons...

Piccolo