Crystal deck

youareafool

I am interested in making a special deck for use with my girlfriend's geomancy.

Let me preface by saying I am new to Tarot. I understand everyone probably gets excited to make a deck early on and being new is counter-productive. I've taken that into consideration, and I think I would like to design my cards one by one as I learn them, with imagery I can really recognize and understand so I can focus more easily on the process as opposed to the memorization.

Learning is difficult for me due to dyslexia, so memorizing any large number of things (especially similar suits and whatnot) is painfully slow for me. So my idea is to create a crystal themed tarot deck with colors and imagery related to crystals which correlate to the cards.

Correlation can be interpreted a number of ways... For example, the Fool (0) could correlate with a crystal that is for new beginnings. Or I could find a crystal who's numerology matches. I haven't made decisions on this part yet. But then the Fool card's color would match that of the crystal, and the crystal would somehow be named inside the card. The way I see it, some cards might correlate with multiple crystals. Some crystals my correlate with multiple cards. I would love to find a way to open that up more to interpretation as well.

But the end goal is to have a solid deck I can learn on, then have my girlfriend sit in on the readings. After which I will leave my spread on the table, and she can take over explaining how the crystals relate to the cards, and have an extremely personalized healing session.

I believe the use of Tarot and geomancy could be extremely beneficial to both us and the client, and it would be a very interesting to do the research.

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

If you know of any similar projects, please feel free to let me know :) I looked around a bit and didn't see anything.

youareafool

I wil definitely check it out, though for my deck I would prefer to use archetypal imagery per usual, but reflect the properties or simply reference the crystals as opposed to them dominating the cards. I would like for someone who is well versed in crystals to have an easy understanding of the cards

Alta

I would guess that if you wanted to add crystal shavings to the cards, they should be no coarser than glitter. Carol Herzer adds glitter to her decks and it seems to work well.

youareafool

I would guess that if you wanted to add crystal shavings to the cards, they should be no coarser than glitter. Carol Herzer adds glitter to her decks and it seems to work well.

My sister will get dust / small grindings from when the cut the stones. This will be the dominant crystal for the cards, but there will be a different crystal for different aspects if that makes sense

Alta

A further thought, to apply the crystal shavings before lamination, I was thinking they would have to be suspended in something, like glitter glue or the like. I suspect that they couldn't go through the laminator loosely on the surface. Or maybe you already thought of that. To answer your initial question, I have never heard of anyone doing that before.