Positioning of cards for Readings

Froggy13

When I look at different spreads I notice the creative and fun ways to lay out the cards.

In a 5 card spread, card 1 might be at the bottom left, card 2 could be at the top right, 3 could be top left and card 4 bottom right with card 5 the middle.

While I understand the distinction between past and present, your view point to theirs...

I am wondering about the signifiance or impact of laying the cards in a certain pattern instead of just in a straight horizontal line?

dancing_moon

For me, the exact positioning of cards in a layout impacts how easily or hard it is to interpret. Imagine a sentence with words scattered all over the place. You might still be able to understand it, but how soon and how well?

A horizontal line, in my case, works well in a story/chain of events reading. A more squared/rounded layout suits better for analyzing different parts of the question (like body/soul/spirit or money/job/relationships). When I want to contrast two people/alternatives, it tends to work better in pairs (his feelings/thoughts/needs vs hers, or benefits vs drawbacks).

Froggy13

Thanks for keeping it simple dancing_moon,
Sentance structure and groupings makes perfect sence. I'm over thinking things!