future card in a three card spread

whitelily

Hello everyone,
I'm a bit of a newbie (ok, a lot) to the world of tarot and I have a question.
I just did a three card spread for my husband. My question is...what is the time line for the future card?
I recently read a blog where a woman stated that the future card represents 3 months out, as does each additional card thereafter. Is this accurate?
Regarding the results...I was overjoyed to see the layout of the spread! Each card fell in sync with one another perfectly. I even laid a fourth card and AGAIN, perfect! My husband and I have been facing a very difficult time in our lives and the answer to his question could not have been more positive...definitely, brought a smile to both our faces. :)

RunningWild

Hello everyone,
I'm a bit of a newbie (ok, a lot) to the world of tarot and I have a question.
I just did a three card spread for my husband. My question is...what is the time line for the future card?
I recently read a blog where a woman stated that the future card represents 3 months out, as does each additional card thereafter. Is this accurate?
Regarding the results...I was overjoyed to see the layout of the spread! Each card fell in sync with one another perfectly. I even laid a fourth card and AGAIN, perfect! My husband and I have been facing a very difficult time in our lives and the answer to his question could not have been more positive...definitely, brought a smile to both our faces. :)

I usually predetermine the timing before I lay down the spread. So, as an example, you just want to know for the week ahead. One spread I use is for the next thirty days. Another I'm going to attempt is supposed to be for a period of 2 1/2 years.

As well, there are timing methods you could use with the cards. Search for Nisaba's Timing Method in the Using Tarot Cards section. There are other methods but many seem to like Nisaba's.

whitelily

I usually predetermine the timing before I lay down the spread. So, as an example, you just want to know for the week ahead. One spread I use is for the next thirty days. Another I'm going to attempt is supposed to be for a period of 2 1/2 years.

As well, there are timing methods you could use with the cards. Search for Nisaba's Timing Method in the Using Tarot Cards section. There are other methods but many seem to like Nisaba's.

Thank you, for your feedback! I was starting to think I may not get an answer to my question. Happy I did.. Thanks again :)

dancing_moon

Like RunningWild said, it's a good idea to predetermine how long into the future you want the future position to show.

Personally, I usually read the future position as 'the nearest future' or 'the next thing that's going to happen with regards to the question'. Timing of events is something that depends on too many factors, and things don't usually happen at predetermined calendar times in the future, like by a train schedule. Most of the time it's 'it won't happen until you and/or someone else do this and this or stop doing this and this'.

As usual, you need to experiment and find what works for you. Good luck! :)

Hemera

I usually predetermine the timing before I lay down the spread.
So do I. But I remember having read somewhere that if the time line is not determined beforehand then it´s rather shorter than longer.
I was starting to think I may not get an answer to my question. Happy I did..
I think usually people do get replies in AT. It´s just that people are from all over the world and so time-zones differ. I, for one, was fast asleep when you wrote your post :p

whitelily

Thanks so much for the replies! I'm so glad I asked, by your responses the 3 mos. rule which I read is not the way of thinking with all. I especially love the thought that if time is not predetermined the future card is to be much sooner rather than later...indeed, loved that! :)