Report Card

HotDiggity

Hey y'all!

After reading Dancing_Moon's response, I thought I would take the suggestions and change this up. I didn't change the spread, but I did change the reasoning behind it. Hopefully, this version makes more sense and seems less judgemental. :)

Instead of Report Card-Progress Report

The spread:

The question:
How is ??? doing in the following areas of life:

1.GENERAL- overall view of life -the big picture
2.PROFESSIONALLY/FINANCIALLY
3.FAMILY/FRIENDS
4.ROMANCE
5.HEALTH

This next 3 cards are suggestions to promote continued progress (overall )

What can ????
6. FOCUS ON to maintain or improve self within the next three months
7. LET GO OF OR ACCEPT AS TRUTH to help maintain or improve self within the next three months
8. LOOK FORWARD TO within the next three months

OR they can be used in specific areas to gain more insight.

EX: This person wants more clarifaction in family/friends and health so cards are pulled for 6-7-8 for those areas as well.

**6*6
**7*7
**8*8

***Thank you, Dancing_Moon. Your positive feedback helped shed some light on two things. One, no one really wants to be graded(hehe) and two, this is more of a snapshot kind of spread. To be honest, I'll still approach this spread with the visual of a report card and grades in my mind because it makes sense to me :), but now, hopefully, one or two others can benefit from it as well. :)***

Again, would love to hear your thoughts.
HD

dancing_moon

This looks like a great general overview spread. :thumbsup: The only thing that made me a little uncomfortable is the 'assessment' part. I can relate to the neatness of the idea (and those who are in a more traditional educational environment might relate to it even more easily), but I don't think I would want to be 'assessed' about my life like that. :D

I think what worries me is this dichotomy of 'good' vs 'bad' cards, which is very relative. 'Bad' things often push us forward, while 'good' things tend to lull us with the false feeling of security and success.

Normally, I just want Tarot to give me the facts and leave it for me to decide if it's 'bad', 'good' or 'neutral'. That's why I like this spread, but minus the 'grades' part. :p

HotDiggity

Dancing_Moon,
Thank you so much for responding and for your very helpful feedback.

**I think what I have learned most from your response is that too much communication is ACTUALLY confusing communication.**
1st-I admit it. I totally went overboard. I get excited when I get a whole picture idea/theme in my mind. The problem is, these ideas create new ideas which create new ideas. Well, you get the point. "/

2nd- I have to clarify, I do not look at this as an "assessment" spread. (The ironic thing is that the assessment piece of education is what bothers me most about my field.) I see it as more of a "where am I and what can I do" kind of spread. How about a Progress Report??:)

I was just in the education state of mind when I thought about it. I am a verbal processor so it spewed out through my explanation. :) I was making sense of my approach as I did it for me, like, I'm good with health so that's an A 3 of cups-celebrating great test results, maybe I need to focus on Romance-that's a C because I really haven't put effort out there either way 4 of cups. I read the cards and their interpretations and then I graded myself based on how I PERCEIVED the cards. That is where the report card part came in, I could see it all making sense in my head and literally saw a report card forming. It was really an afterthought. But, it created the steamroll effect:)

I assumed this would make sense to everyone, but your response has made me realize otherwise. Thank you for the great insight.

I personally put grades in my head because it is my goto visual in life (always have). Plus, I think I was a little slap happy. haha

I agree with you 100% that Tarot cards are growth cards and they point out things that we need to be aware of on our journey at any given point. There are no negatives just different lessons.

As a closing to my "too much information, again" reply, I just want to say thank you one more time. It really helped.

Have a great night.
HD

I think I am going to edit my post and take the grading out. Are we allowed to do that???

dancing_moon

I think I am going to edit my post and take the grading out. Are we allowed to do that???

Of course. :) This is your spread, and you can edit it as much as you like.

I'm glad I could give you some prospective without being too mentoring about it. :D In fact, the assessment part can be absolutely necessary and valid for some people, and as a personal self-assessment, sort of 'how are we doing as of today' spread, it might work even for more people, I think.

Keep experimenting and have an enjoyable journey! ;)