Doreen Virtue

Rev_Vesta

love all of her decks i have seven of her decks so far......

i use 3 decks together in different spreads......

i love the connection they have very powerful.....

Blessed BE!

Vesta

HOLMES

one thing about her oracles

is that I was giving a reading to someone,, with the tarot,, and the reading was dark..
and so i pulled out the oracles of dorveen virtue to give her some hope and the cards messages inspired them to move past the blocked energy of the tarot reading.

and sometimes with the rosary i work with the oracles, :) , but i dont' have all the oracles, no mermaids here. ,, but the unicorn oracle i might for it looks beautiful for me.

morticia monroe

There is something about her decks that feels extremely generic to me. I know many people love them, and I certainly don't want to criticize the woman, but her decks leave me very cold....I also feel the same way about Zerner-Farber decks. Try as I may, I can't take them seriously.

HOLMES

morticia monroe said:
There is something about her decks that feels extremely generic to me. I.

could you elborate a bit more on that ?

I think as postive decks,, the message of love, believe in your self, this angel is working with you,, or this saint is trying to give you a postive message isnt' so generic as universal.
as universal as love, and the message of believe in yourself.

so in that regards, it can't be helped, if you look for each of the oracle cards, there is a differnt spin on the postive messages of course, so it isn't as generic as a no name brand of food.

morticia monroe

HOLMES said:
could you elborate a bit more on that ?

I think as postive decks,, the message of love, believe in your self, this angel is working with you,, or this saint is trying to give you a postive message isnt' so generic as universal.
as universal as love, and the message of believe in yourself.

so in that regards, it can't be helped, if you look for each of the oracle cards, there is a differnt spin on the postive messages of course, so it isn't as generic as a no name brand of food.

What I mean is that , for myself, I can understand the depth in the message of the cards, but cannot find that connection when I look at the artwork. Once again, this is not an attack on Ms Virtue, simply my personal experience. There is something in her artwork that I cannot connect with. I can't get into it. (This from a woman who adores the cartoonish artwork of the Ator). I owned Healing with the Angels, and had to give it away. Just no connection.

Do I understand the message? Of course. But the cards won't take me there. Just my own personal thing.

HOLMES

ohh

there is some decks that the artwork didnt' appeal to me,, one example was the mermaids at least at this time.

as an aside , check out the pictures of the unicorn oracle, perhaps that could appeal to you ?

morticia monroe

HOLMES said:
there is some decks that the artwork didnt' appeal to me,, one example was the mermaids at least at this time.

as an aside , check out the pictures of the unicorn oracle, perhaps that could appeal to you ?

I totally understand. And isn't it wonderful that we are all so diverse, with different tastes? Something for everyone. And I do respect and admire anyone who has a vision or a talent and pursues it. I have a difficult time trying to critique a deck on this forum, as I would rather say nothing than hurt anyone, whether intentionally or accidentally. And really, who is any one person to critcize what another finds beautiful? It is truly in the eye of the beholder.

I have a much easier time making the brain connection than the eye connection,,,sometimes my eye won't get what the brain already knows....other times it is effortless...

Not a Unicorn person either, actually. My favorite oracle is the Dreaming in Color. I won't go off-topic with that, but it's lovely for me.