Attention, edgers, gilders, and blingers: what are your tools of choice?

rylla

Hello!

Here's another pic of the Shadowscapes double edged with the Playful Purple Bic. It's more muted in person (see other JPEG) like a true Royal Purple, but I thought I'd add another shot.

Card stock is lame, but I like this deck.

Check it out...

Absolutely beautiful!

FLizarraga

one of the things i do to test before i edge is to colour a spot on some paper, let it dry, and then lick my finger and rub it across to see if it the colour rubs off. if it does i don't use it for edging (my hands sometimes get sweaty so i like to test it out first).

i had bought some really nice metallic ink pads that had beautiful colour and coverage but sadly they rubbed off the paper really easily :( i will have to find another project to use those for.

i also try to avoid anything that says 'water soluble'.

Those are GREAT suggestions, thank you!

G6

Needed 2 Days to Dry

They did dry overnight and my first reading was good! :) I'm hoping maybe more time will make the problem go away? I know that approach doesn't always work, lol!

Bummer if these Bic permanent markers stink because they have a metallic 3 pack for 2.48 I was considering.

I'll have to wait a little longer on the verdict with this one, but you're right I will have to edge them again with a better marker if this Bic Playful Purple doesn't stick.

Maybe I will just invest in a Tim Holtz pack from Ebay or Amazon...

Well, if you think brand doesn't matter and Tim Holtz bled on one of your decks I'll just see what the Bic does and if the rub off stops I'll get the Bic metallic 3 Pack! ;-)

Seems it needed another day to dry. I don't have purple on my hands today. I'll report back if that changes. :)

I'm going to pick up the Bic Metallic 3 pack.

blue_fusion

(Misunderstood the topic. Please delete this post. Thanks)

G6

Clear Edge Sealant?

Seems it needed another day to dry. I don't have purple on my hands today. I'll report back if that changes. :)

I'm going to pick up the Bic Metallic 3 pack.

Okay, 3 days later and I just did another test reading with the Shadowscapes edged in Bic Playful Purple. I'm so happy it doesn't seem to be wearing off because this color is amazing with this deck! :) However, I was wondering if there is some kind of clear edge sealant you can apply over a colored edge?

Anyone have ideas?

G6

Zombie - Gray Edge

Okay, I bought the Bic Mark It 3 pack and it's a bit of a dud. The Platinum Silver is more of a gray and the pen barely made it through one deck. I'm considering edging it again with another pen, but this first attempt does kinda go with the deck as is. This deck is tricky to edge because the backs are black, but the faces have a white border. Have a look and tell me what you think.

Anyone have recommendations for silver and/or gray pens that won't bleed to the other side? Thanks! :)

Bic markers to avoid + Zombie Tarot edged in what looks like an ashy, powdery, gray...

Attachments

• Bic_Metallics.jpg
    Bic_Metallics.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 391
  • Zombie_Gray.jpg
    Zombie_Gray.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 394

Yelell

I buy these cheap walmart brand permanent metallic markers all the time. They come in 4-packs gold, silver, metallic blue and metallic purple, and 2-packs just gold and silver. I usually use them for drawing on woodwork and stuff on my house (I'm weird) but I did edge 2 decks. The gold turned out nicely, not as metallic as on other surfaces but I like it. The blue turned out terribly. It looked very nice but never dried, so my hands were blue whenever I shuffled them. I had to trim it off. I don't know if it was a difference in the markers, or in the composition of the cards and lamination. I've never tried the silver on cards, but love it on other surfaces.

G6

I buy these cheap walmart brand permanent metallic markers all the time. They come in 4-packs gold, silver, metallic blue and metallic purple, and 2-packs just gold and silver. I usually use them for drawing on woodwork and stuff on my house (I'm weird) but I did edge 2 decks. The gold turned out nicely, not as metallic as on other surfaces but I like it. The blue turned out terribly. It looked very nice but never dried, so my hands were blue whenever I shuffled them. I had to trim it off. I don't know if it was a difference in the markers, or in the composition of the cards and lamination. I've never tried the silver on cards, but love it on other surfaces.

Do you have pics of the gold that turned out nice?

Yelell

The byzantine. The edges were white.

FLizarraga

I buy these cheap walmart brand permanent metallic markers all the time. They come in 4-packs gold, silver, metallic blue and metallic purple, and 2-packs just gold and silver. I usually use them for drawing on woodwork and stuff on my house (I'm weird) but I did edge 2 decks.

You're probably weird, but so am I. :D

The byzantine. The edges were white.

Helloooooooo, gorgeous! *wolf whistle*

Those El Cheapo Walmart markers are looking mighty good to me right now! :thumbsup: