Just received my first deck

SunsetKay

And omg, I'm in love. I purchased the Gilded Reverie Lenormand and figured I'd give it a go. I love it. Now I have to research, because I think some of the cartomancy meanings that I use are different than the traditional Lenormand meanings for the cards that they're inserted on, but it's so much more concise and clear. They talk to me (not in an I need mental help way, lol). They're friendly and easy. And that makes me happy. :)

Barleywine

And omg, I'm in love. I purchased the Gilded Reverie Lenormand and figured I'd give it a go. I love it. Now I have to research, because I think some of the cartomancy meanings that I use are different than the traditional Lenormand meanings for the cards that they're inserted on, but it's so much more concise and clear. They talk to me (not in an I need mental help way, lol). They're friendly and easy. And that makes me happy. :)

Congratulations! Good choice to start off with. It was my first one as well, and I never regretted it. There has been a little carping here about some the imagery being too non-traditional (the Rider for example), but that's never stopped me from using it to good effect. I've been at Lenormand a couple of years now and am still beguiled by the Gilded Reverie, even though I now have a few more traditional decks.

SunsetKay

Congratulations! Good choice to start off with. It was my first one as well, and I never regretted it. There has been a little carping here about some the imagery being too non-traditional (the Rider for example), but that's never stopped me from using it to good effect. I've been at Lenormand a couple of years now and am still beguiled by the Gilded Reverie, even though I now have a few more traditional decks.

Thank you! I love it! It's a gorgeous deck and I love how readable it is right out of the box. I don't know much about the traditional imagery, but I've been reading playing cards for a while and I feel like CM'S imagery lets me know when my meaning doesn't jibe, so I appreciate that immensely. :) Funny you should mention the Rider, because that was where I noticed the discrepancy. The image shouts message but the insert is 9H which to me means something that you want above all else. So I've got some studying to do. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Barleywine

Thank you! I love it! It's a gorgeous deck and I love how readable it is right out of the box. I don't know much about the traditional imagery, but I've been reading playing cards for a while and I feel like CM'S imagery lets me know when my meaning doesn't jibe, so I appreciate that immensely. :) Funny you should mention the Rider, because that was where I noticed the discrepancy. The image shouts message but the insert is 9H which to me means something that you want above all else. So I've got some studying to do. I'm looking forward to it. :)

I'm still inexperienced with the playing card inserts and how the cartomantic meanings augment the Lenormand images. I have both Caitlin Matthews' new book, which has a section on cartomancy, and the "hedgewitchery" website material to study. It's a long road!