For those of you that read professionally--->What Oracles do you use?

Little Hare

Hello,

For those of you that read professionally what Oracles do you use? I ask because I've noticed within the past few years a lot of clairvoyants/readers/psychics and mediums also use Oracle decks and specifically Doreen Virtue Angel ones.

So what do you use and how do you find them?

Little Hare

Good lord doesn't anyone use oracles when they read professionally :bugeyed:

I'm sure it can't just been in australia with people totin D.V decks *shudders*

thorhammer

pixie, I think (and this is probably the cynic in me speaking :D) that lots of those readers here in Australia at least use those decks because they are such positive, comforting imagery. You can't go wrong! No client's going to go away upset from seeing an angel or unicorn or mermaid, are they? It seems to me that the readers who use them (or at least the ones I've had experience with) don't have the confidence or the patience or just the courage to sit there and give a client a reading that s/he doesn't want to hear . . . and make it sound positive and uplifting. It's just easier to let DV sugar-coat it. Know what I mean?

\m/ Kat

Little Hare

Totally!

I wish people would be more confident in their abilites to impart information. I'd love to go to a reader who had some sort of kooky oracle :laugh:

Would totally please the fortuneteller in me :D

Alta

I had a reading where the reader had me select a card from one of the Virtue decks and then read from the booklet out loud for the reading. No additional comment. Was I impressed or what....

Little Hare

:laugh:

I don't understand how people can call themselves readers and charge money when they do things like that

Mi-Shell

When I do radings in public I always have the Medicine Cards and Sacred Path Cards with me, along with several Tarot decks. Also the White Eagle Medicine Wheele is a favorite of my regulars...
Lately I am tempted to take the Druid Animal Oracle along too, for people with Celtic heritage.
There are many people that love an Oracle reading, but shy away from Tarot....

Little Hare

Mi-Shell said:
When I do radings in public I always have the Medicine Cards and Sacred Path Cards with me, along with several Tarot decks. Also the White Eagle Medicine Wheele is a favorite of my regulars...
Lately I am tempted to take the Druid Animal Oracle along too, for people with Celtic heritage.
There are many people that love an Oracle reading, but shy away from Tarot....

Fantastic cards Mi-Shell! You make a really good point in regards to people loving and oracle readings and shying away from tarot.

Elven

OOh!
At my table there are Sabian Symbols available :D

and whatever else I bring on any particular day ... sometimes Runes, Scott Alexander Kings Animal Dreaming, Good Witch Bad Witch, lots of Toni Carmine Salerno decks, Book of Answers was on the table last week, Chronatas Dreamstones, Pendulum, Dice ... what ever I feel like reading with on the day I will grab :D

Cheers
Elven x

Sheri

At the past several reading fairs I have been to, I have used the Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards and the Mystical Lenormand. I also have a couple pendulums but haven't used them for readings yet. The RGFC and the Mystical Lenormand are both really popular, and I love explaining how they work. People are particularly intrigued by the RGFCs, which I leave in a layout on my table when I am not reading.

I like being able to offer either Tarot or not. I might be taking my homemade ogham runes with me to the next fair I do.

:love: valeria