Quantum Tarot - the Queen Cups

nisaba

Sorry I've been so remiss in discussing this deck which has become a firm favourite - I've been studying which has eaten into my time, my computer has tried very hard to die and has several times almost succeeded, and I've been writing and thinking as well, which is always time-consuming. I'm also planning a new career and (separately) organising a foray into educational TV. What with also having to throw food and clean laundry at a teenager plus a health event two weeks ago, it's made life a little busy. Grf - just when you think you're getting a handle on routine, over goes the apple-cart. Oh, well ...

Okay, so today I've decided to use my previous method of choosing cards - by drawing them - and I pulled a few ones we had already discussed. Number three was the Queen Cups.Water lies across the darkness of space, and above it on the right, a glass Cup floats. A glittering star-map of the constellation of Andromeda has its base inside the Cup, and branches out above it. Next to this most of the face the face of a calm woman, classically elegant and with a large hoop-earring in the one visible ear, fades through the darkness, the water and the stars behind her. Many of the stars seem to form freckles on her skin - I've always been drawn to freckled women. She seem to be looking at teh observer's whole face rather than making eye contact, and she also seems to be suppressing a smile. She is the picture of acceptance and restraint.

The not-so-L not-so-WB tells us that the constellation and the woman are Andromeda, daughter of another constellation, Cassiopeia. Andromeda features in a couple of decks I've previously bought, though as a pip-card, and it is good to see her take on queenliness. She is the ultimate victim of betrayal: not only does her rather egocentric and narcissistic mother focus on her own allure rather than her daughter's need for family stability, but when her narcissism calls down the wrath of the sea-god, instead of facing the music herself, she sacrifices her daughter in her stead, the one person she should be protecting most.

Andromeda, as the sacrificed one, could, or perhaps should have been killed, instead of which the improbably type-cast hero-figure plunges in and rescues her. Annoyingly, she does not fight for her right to life and freedom. Annoyingly, she does not call her mother to account for her wrongs. Instead she does the whole decorative-woman thing, accepting whatever may come her way, including whatever hero happened to get there first. If I were Perseus, I'd be less than flattered by the idea of first-come-first-serve, I mean, she might have been just as happy with Herakles, Achilles or even Jason. All very worrying, from his perspective.

And yet, her capacity to love and accept any of these men depending on what the universe throws her way is a part of what defines her, as does her tearfulness (being chained in the waves) and her acceptance of events that would discombobulate the rest of us. Unlike the Queen Swords, she does not make up her own mind and stick to it - she lets fate do it for her. Unlike the Queen Wands, she does not fight for her freedom and her right not to be sacrificed for her mother's behaviours. Unlike the Queen Pentacles, she can survive with only water, not solid ground, beneath her feet. So the very Watery qualities that make her vaguely annoying, also are her key to identity, survival and a strange introverted power in her seeming powerlessness.

At the wedding of Andromeda and Perseus (don't say it - there HAD to be a wedding!), I would have given anything to be a fly on the wall before the ceremony, listening to the bride and the mother-of-the-bride talking privately as they're getting dressed. I can imagine ...

The question offered for this card is: What deep emotions are you sensing?

Leo62

nisaba said:
Andromeda, as the sacrificed one, could, or perhaps should have been killed, instead of which the improbably type-cast hero-figure plunges in and rescues her. Annoyingly, she does not fight for her right to life and freedom. Annoyingly, she does not call her mother to account for her wrongs. Instead she does the whole decorative-woman thing, accepting whatever may come her way, including whatever hero happened to get there first. If I were Perseus, I'd be less than flattered by the idea of first-come-first-serve, I mean, she might have been just as happy with Herakles, Achilles or even Jason. All very worrying, from his perspective.
LOL I love this take on Andromeda! She's difficult for a modern woman to like because of her passivity, but I suppose she does give us a warts-and-all archetypal model for the Queen of Cups. Accepting, all-forgiving and open, but also indiscriminate and passive.

Attachments

• QuantumCards-49.jpg
    QuantumCards-49.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 612

nisaba

It's the indiscriminate bit that gets me more than the passive. You as a Queen Wands wouldn't know passivity if it didn't viciously unbeat you without a stick; but us Earth Girls know a thing or two about it. There can be many reasons for being passive, but accepting your first conquering hero that comes along without so much as an introductory email first, that's a bit ... desperate? <grin> You don't want these blokes to think that just because they happened to save your life they have any kind of *rights* ...

Surja76

We can see two galaxy on the picture perpendicular to each other. One of them is Andromeda and another one is our own galaxy Milky Way. Due to Astronomy position these two galaxy situated just close to each other and edge of the Andromeda is touching the edge of the Milky Way galaxy.
We can see two stars on the chick of the woman they look like tears are trickling out. It is an element of emotional collapse and sorry.
Scientists say that Andromeda galaxy closeы to our galaxy at the high speed, and in 5-10 billion years, it will merge with Milky Way, absorb it and be born a new large galaxy.

The same to Queen of Cups. She is characterized by complete dedication to the love, the ability to dissolve in a partner, to merge with him together as the same one. The explosion of emotions, if she is in love - she is in love till her death, until the end. She is always ready to relationships and easy going to the contact with the man. When she loves, she is immersed in love with the head fully, absorbing her partner.
Symbol of Andromeda Constellation is "woman with chain". it is the same to the story Nisaba described above.
It means that Queen of Cups is always ready to join with man, to chain herself with chains of love or marriage. She is waiting for Hero, who can put the World to her feet.

We can see that Constellation is in Cup on the back side of the picture. It is Ace of Cups. The ace of cups is another possible path, which in Indian tradition called Bhat yoga. This yoga of love, then yoga is the complete and unlimited returns itself to the power of the divine. Huge bowl, shown on the card - the cup of Babalon, which, according to Thelemic cosmology, adept pours out of yourself, not hiding a drop. Bhat (ace of cups) - is a mystical formula and the passive way in which the soul itself becomes adept bowl, ready to accommodate a full bestowed joy and sorrow.

The same to Queen of Cups. She always shows her emotions openly, never hide them. Joy or sorrow, they both resonate in her heart and soul, she is ready to share her inner world for free. She genuinely loves.
At the same time she was expecting the same expression of feelings from her partner's side, she is ready to accept all his joys and sorrows to herself, share them with her partner.

This card manifested in the overwhelming feeling of love, unity with the divine, flooded all consciousness. It was on such ecstasy of love of dissolution in the divine, likening «Ego» sugar, dissolved in hot tea divine. Without the principle of love, any magical growth will only slow down until it collapses under its own weight. Without love, the life for the Queen of Cups is meaningless, as the Andromeda galaxy, absorbing the Milky Way, she will move forward until its path is not there a new galaxy with which it merges. Structure, which claims to immutability and do not realize its connection with the entire organism, turns into cancer, perished together with the carrier.

Due to Astronomy theory when Andromeda (the woman) will be clashed to Milky Way (the man), it will turned to universal collapse and Solar system (man nature) will be pushed out of the Galaxy system.

It also belong to the one of the negative meanings of the Queen of Cups. When the woman dissolves into a man completely, without a trace, and forgets about her own interests, she may lose her weight and importance in the eyes of the man. He can feel lack of freedom and lack of breath, man can move away and break the relationship.