Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Emily

For me it was the Robin Wood - I bought it because so many people really seemed to like it and I'd seen a few scans. I think it was my third deck purchase. As soon as I opened it, I disliked it. Too many perfect smiling people, I never used it but it did take a few years before I traded it on and I have never regretted that trade.

jema

I usually get rid of decks I don't like pretty fast but keep a few as warning examples to not let the spending-bug get to me.

Alcohol tarot (must have been tipsy when i bought it)
Labyrinth tarot (i don't even like fantasy art)
Lars-Kristian Holmsen Tarot (just make me feel blah)

When I get money for postage I might just give them away to someone else with as poor judgment as mine.

Chiska

Celtic Tarots. I keep trying, but I just don't jive with this deck. Well, I do fine with the majors, but the minors irritate me. Oddly, this deck started as Majors only and they are done by one artist. The minors were added later and are done by a different artist. It makes it disconnected, somehow.

OctoberGwen

jema said:
I usually get rid of decks I don't like pretty fast but keep a few as warning examples to not let the spending-bug get to me.

Alcohol tarot (must have been tipsy when i bought it)
Labyrinth tarot (i don't even like fantasy art)
Lars-Kristian Holmsen Tarot (just make me feel blah)

When I get money for postage I might just give them away to someone else with as poor judgment as mine.

BWAhahahaha! Your entire post cheered me immensely. Thank you.

I like the idea of keeping a crap deck or two around as a warning/reminder....trying to think if I have any left on hand that qualify. :laugh:

Tansey Ella

I don't usually like faerie decks, but I just got the Paulina, and despite how others feel, I like it.
I don't really like vampires or goth decks.
I love the Deviant moon - it gets to the point, but that is why I like it.
I like Osho Zen, I don't find it offensive at all. I agree with a previous poster that mostly it just tells you to be happy don't worry so much, but can get very in depth. I agree with the poster who wants to save Osho Zen from being burned.
Some decks just bore me to tears, like Morgan Greer and Hudes. They are readable but just plain dull.
the Fifth tarot is just about the worst piece of new age junk I ever purchased. I very much regret buying that. I'd read with my Gummy Bear Tarot before I used it.
I have a lot of other regrets but I keep my decks. The stay no matter what. I also do not like Thoth, I don't care who says it is great, it does not creep me out it just does nothing for me.The Geiger makes me sick.
I like some of the erotic decks, but not all.
so if i buy it , it stays here.
I like a few of the native american decks, as I have that heritage but not all.

Le Fanu

I am amazed at how, despite finding it very hard generally to let decks go, I have let a few go and not regretted it in the slightest. These I really wished I hadn't bought;

I had the Liz Dean Golden Tarot for half an hour and so had half an hour of regret.

Osho Zen went too. I really shouldn't have bought it. 1990s new Age-ism at its worst.

Robin Wood also went.

The Power Animals Tarot - hideously pixelated animals laughably, randomly associated with tarot cards is infinitely more rewarding a deck to work with than either of these three. That one's a keeper. I don't regret buying that in the slightest

There have been others but to be honest I have forgotten and I guess they're buried at the back of the shelf somewhere. I think I'm due another clear out...

NikkiB

I hated the Lovers Tarot sooooo much I would have paid someone to take it if I couldnt give it away!! it make my skin crawl!! urghhhhh

Hanson Roberts! couldnt stand it!!! Gave that away to someone who wanted it to thank god!

Deviant moon - bought it, tried to like it but sold it - just didnt like it!

mystic dreamer - like the cards if only they didnt have them photo faces, would like the deck otherwise but not sure i can get past them - i use it for nisbas timing method now, but make decide to pass it on....

linnie

Osho zen... Once, I saw someone flick through it, and thought I liked it... It arrived by trade... ugghhh... and then the book!!!!!!

Crystal Ally ... a friend had it years ago... the cards were neither plastic nor lurid in colour... what happened???????

Tansey Ella

Gregory you made me totally want that turd deck. Now how do I purchase it? I found a spot and translated it to English but and tried to send an email and the response came back in something other than English.
this is your fault:)) please tell me how I get the deck or at least put the link back for the on line site.
this reminds me of the misfortune cards which I very much want and find it nearly impossible to find.

VGimlet

Arcus Arcanum.

I know there are those who love it, but it just irritates me. That doesn't mean I am getting rid of it, but it's one of the few "bleh" decks I own.
There have been a couple of others but that one springs right into my brain.