can someone recommand me some crystals for reading?

Tobe

like title said, i would like to purchase some crystals to enhance my reading skill
increase my intuition, psychic ability, focusing, and calm + clear my mind
anyone got some crystals in their mind right now :p?

nisaba

Crystals act as a focal point and a reminder of what you want to achieve. Anything can do that, including looking at the fingernail on the second finger of your left hand <smile>. Without your working off your own bat on your concentration and on being aware of subtle messages, a crystal won't achieve anything. However, seeing it sitting there will remind you to do the necessary work.

Get something clear, to be reminded of clear-sightedness.

Tobe

really? so it's ok if i carry my dog's mustache XD?

nisaba

<grin>

Dog is God spelled backwards, so obviously his moustache is a Divine Artifact that will immediately improve your reading skills.

OaksWhispering

I have an amethyst, but honestly sometimes I don't feel connected to it and end up using a skeleton key, or a flat stone I'm really fond of. I think anything you are particularly drawn to can be helpful because it's the energy you put into it. Sort of like when a child has a favorite teddy bear, and they believe it will keep them safe during a thunder storm, so when they hold it, they feel safer. It's your energy concentrated on a physical object, there to keep your mind from straying. If you insist on crystals, I would at look around and see which one you are drawn to.

Starri Knytes

Clearly you must be drawn to stones to feel their energy. You need to be sensitive enough to connect to their vibration/frequency. They hold stored memories from as far back as our earth is old.

Clearing /Calming

Amethyst
Obsidian
Moonstone
Tibetan Quartz
Lavender Quartz
Smokey Quartz
Selenite

Psychic/Intuition

Covellite
Azurite
Azurite/Malachite
Clear quartz
Apache Tear
Lapis Lazuli

Are a few that I use. Don't let anyone try to fool you. It's scientifically proven that stones give off vibrations. You just have to find what it is you connect with.

Corvinesque

I like labradorite. It is really pretty, for one thing, and the darkness with the blue/green flash reminds me that treasures/flashes of insight are often found in the dark...

Plain old clear quartz is great, too. I also like having rose quartz around, it reminds me to have compassion for myself as I read for myself...

But what others say is true- it has to be something that you resonate with, otherwise it won't be useful.

Grizabella

I prefer to use the energy of my sitter for that purpose. Having them hold or shuffle the cards, put a coin from their pocket or another little item like a ring or earring on the table or even having them wtite their question on a little slip of paper to slip under a spread cloth works for me. I do wear stones and crystals myself...clear quartz, rainbow moonstone, lapis, onyx, turquoise...lapis is especially spiritual it seems to me...but other than that, I don't use stones.

DavidLee

I believe it is what you are drawn to personally (if you are drawn to anything at all.)

Just to give you an example from myself, I felt a strong connection to the golden obsidian spheres at the store where I work. I keep one on the table to absorb and cleanse any negative energy that a sitter might bring in.

Next to the obsidian I keep a raw amethyst point and a raw citrine point. I don't have a problem with tumbled stones, but I feel that the raw versions have more absorptive power, and the points can act as a sort of projector, recycling the energy for psychic enhancement from the amethyst, a playful energy from the citrine, and cleansing from both.

As some others have said, lapis lazuli is great for psychic enhancement. But, not to sound shallow, I don't like how it looks with my other stones. I do keep some in the bag with my obsidian, so I feel it can absorb some of the energy that way.

I'm certainly no expert on stones and crystals, but I believe that their power is based on your own beliefs and whatever connection you feel to certain pieces.