Digestive Problems

Audelia

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend crystals that are good for digestive problems? Especially those caused by a food intolerance? For example stomach bloating and nauseau?

I suffer from a wheat intolerance and my symptoms have flared up. I think I may have unknowingly ingested some wheat while eating out earlier today.

Just looking for something to ease the symptoms while I wait for it to leave my system!

celticnoodle

rubies, blue calcite and amber are all good for helping you to relieve cramps and relax your body due to digestive issues. I also feel that a rose quartz crystal is good to help you to relax comfortably as will clear quartz.

Good Luck and I hope it will work.

I would imagine if you could lay these crystals or one of them on your stomach area it would help. Or tape it perhaps if you can't lie down?

oops! I meant that the clear quartz is a universal healing stone--so this should help you with your digestion too.

Onion Budgie

In addition to celticnoodle's recs, my Essential Crystal Handbook recommends any of these for digestive problems:

bronzite
citrine
pyrite
sulphur
prehnite
purpurite
zircon

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Briar Rose

white rice will soak it up
and miso will get your business on track.

Audelia

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! I've been hugging a large chunk of Citrine and I think it's helping things to calm down :)

As someone who suffers from troubles like this on a regular basis, I will take note of the other crystals you suggested!

Briar Rose

I had diverticulitus for 9 years. I don't have it anymore. But in that time my ife was ruined. I can't even bear to reflect on it. I know what stomach and intestional problems are, And I feel for you. I really do.

A book I found helpful is, Gut Solutions.
Another book is, Eat Right For Your Type. It goes by blood types and the foods that are the most benefical.
A cook book that saved me a lot of times is a macrobiotic cookbook.
Mantra's are so helpful, and lift the pain when said after about 10 minutes.

Another great book is, Patient Heal Thyself. I mailed my copy to a friend in the UK.

Probiotics became a necessity.

Mandala's became a way of creative expression and felt healing.

And I found out who my real friends were when walking down this path.

celticnoodle

Briar Rose, you are a wealth of information! :thumbsup: Thank you, as I never heard of white rice helping, and I, too, have a wheat issue. I avoid it (though I do cheat now and again and pay for it dearly when I do, too) as much as possible. But, tonight, I am going to make some white rice. Thankfully, I LOVE white rice--and can eat it just as a snack any time of the day, so this is an easy fix for me.

our daughter also suffers with diverticulitis and crohns disease and other issues. I know she has cookbooks regarding this, but can't recall which ones of course. I also may check into these cookbooks myself. never know! they may just help me too. AND, I LOVE cookbooks! I have a huge collection of them, but alas, must part with quite a few in the next few years, (hope I can get them on the nook though), as we will be downsizing into a new home in a few years time.

Both my daughter and I take probiotics too, and they help A LOT!

thanks again for your post here!

jolie_amethyst

Sadly, I've yet to find a crystal that is effective against any physical symptoms, period. Mental/emotional, yes. Pain/discomfort, no. And yes, I've tried quite a few. So unfortunately, I've nothing to offer on that score, though I'll be interested to hear if you find any that help!

That said, since we've already diverged from crystals... :)

Peppermint, in all its forms, is generally very helpful for digestive issues. Peppermint oil capsules, however, are almost insanely effective in some people. I keep them on hand for IBS flareups--absolutely nothing else, prescription, over the counter, or alternative--has been as useful at easing the pain and discomfort of digestive issues for me, at least symptomatically.

(Do note that some who are wheat intolerant also have problems with other grains...even supposedly benign white rice. *raises hand* While I've at this point overcome most of my leaky gut issues and can now eat a much wider variety without triggering attacks, there was a time when ANY grain at all would set off my IBS. Hence, I went pretty strictly paleo/primal for about a year, and that was the only thing that actually worked to reduce the number of IBS flares I have--from twice a week or so for five years, down to just two since January of this year.)

Best of luck to you...hopefully you'll be past this upset quickly!

Audelia

Thank you so much for all your helpful advice everyone. Digestive problems are in no way pleasant - it's nice to see that I'm not alone :)

I wholeheartedly agree on the probiotics front. I also take Digestive Enzymes to help me break down my food a bit better.

I'll definitely have to check out peppermint oil capsules. I find peppermint tea fantastic for soothing an upset stomach so these capsules are definitely of interest.

jolie_amethyst

Thank you so much for all your helpful advice everyone. Digestive problems are in no way pleasant - it's nice to see that I'm not alone :)

I wholeheartedly agree on the probiotics front. I also take Digestive Enzymes to help me break down my food a bit better.

I'll definitely have to check out peppermint oil capsules. I find peppermint tea fantastic for soothing an upset stomach so these capsules are definitely of interest.

If you're anywhere that Amazon.com delivers, my favorite brand can be found there--it has the rather silly name of Heather's Tummy Tamers, and is a combo of peppermint, ginger, and fennel. For plain peppermint oil, I use another one called Pepogest (which I also get through Amazon, but some health food stores carry it too; it's a bit more common than the Heather's).

I've seen similar products under other brand names in the UK and elsewhere, so it shouldn't be too hard to find no matter where you live. Meanwhile, keep drinking that tea, it does help!

Do post back if you do find any crystals that were of use; I'm always willing to try another one. :)