Faulty deck from eBay...Would you keep it?

tarotot_yeezus

I would say get both!

But if that's out of your price range, I would still go for the deck. I've never worked with a Marseille deck, but even if you cant find a replacement card (which it sounds like you absolutely could given the community here and other places), I feel like the cards can tell you what they need to tell you no matter what, especially if its just one card! It would be a little irritating to be so close to a full deck and not having it, but it sounds like theres already a connection between you and the deck.

I feel like the consensus is go for it!

Debra

I'd send it back. It may be hard to get, but I betcha it isn't THAT hard to get.

chongjasmine

I will return it.
And buy a newer, more complete edition.
Tarot cards are meant to be used, after-all, and no one can use an incomplete deck.

MissChiff

You know how hard it is to find a deck that fits. I would keep it. And find a replacement card. And get the other deck too....

earthair

Can you ask the seller if they'd give you part of your money back? You know, since they only sent you part of a deck. And did they mention the teeth marks and other damage in the listing? (And it was priced accordingly, yes?) If not, I'd ask for more money for that.

Good plan- sent email to that effect. :)

Maybe you can find out how much it's worth as-is and ask for enough back so that you end up paying that "partial damaged deck" price. Then keep it! Le Fanu's comment makes me think you very well may be able to find replacements for the missing/damaged cards, and in the meantime it sounds like you have a method worked out to use it already.

I got it for half of the price of the other one that's available- I will post in the Singles Bar for lost cards thread if I keep it.

And of course get the other one, too. ;)

99% sure I'll get it too :love:

LindaMechele

Good plan- sent email to that effect. :)
Good! Bet they'll deal with you. Bird in the hand and all that.

I got it for half of the price of the other one that's available- I will post in the Singles Bar for lost cards thread if I keep it.
Be wary of those prices, especially if it's been there a while and is the only other one. I recently asked if my well-loved '82 Sacred Rose was worth even half of the "buy it now" prices I'd seen on some used ones on Ebay. I got a "no". I watched some of the auctions just to see how much they went for and the posters here were right.

Then again, it sounds like you know this deck so probably know how much is fair.

99% sure I'll get it too :love:
Of COURSE you will. :joke: Can't wait to see which deck this is.

chowdmouse

I personally would really try to get the seller to give a partial refund & keep the first deck, and buy the other deck as well. :)

Emily

I bought a deck on eBay which it turns out, is missing 1 card (2 of wands in a Marseilles style deck so at least I can use one of the 'cover' cards instead right?) seller will take it back for a refund if I want. The deck is 1970s, rare, OOP, well used and some cards are bent, and one card even has teeth marks :confused: so it really has character! But if I keep it, I realise it's worth nada to anyone else for resale.
I've noticed there is a newer one on the internet which I could order for twice the price.

Would you-
1. Keep the bitten deck...
or
2. Return it and get the newer one (there's always the risk this too could be faulty).

(Can't say what the deck is 'cos someone will swipe it from under my nose if I do :joke: )

I think it would depend on what deck it was. Also as LindaMechele asked did you know it was damaged, the seller will have a problem selling an incomplete, damaged deck even if it is OOP. If you still want this deck then maybe tell the seller you are still interested in keeping it but at a substantial discount - then go after the other deck too. :)

earthair

Have been given a partial refund :) :) :)
And have ordered a complete deck too! :party::party::party::party:

Soooooo for those of you wondering ... it was the Pointner.

If anyone happens to have a spare 2 of Wands (missing) or Knight (bitten) and Valet of Wands (damaged)
please get in contact! Thanks.