Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 291 : February 25 - March 3

Madame Squee

Hey VG! :love: Please sign me up with the STS Lenormand and also the Dark Grimoire Tarot, which is arriving on Monday.

I had to re-purchase the Dark Grimoire, because I sold it in 2015 in a downsizing frenzy to pay vet expenses. However, I recently started participating in "Call of Cthulhu", a role-playing game, and had to have the Dark Grimoire back again! :D

Rose Lalonde

I think it's been 2 years since I joined DotW! I was reading with Thoth and now Tabula Mundi. But I've picked up a handful of decks lately, and I'd like to rotate through those as a 2nd for comparison with TM. If that's alright for DotW? If so, this week will be:
Tabula Mundi + Tarot of the Sephiroth

willowy

Hi everyone,running late sorry,still want to join if I can again, this week I'm using Infinite visions tarot.Thanks for new thread VG.

RiverRunsDeep

Another week with Dark Goddess tarot for me, thanks! :love:

Carojulie

Hello everyone ! Nice sunday to you all !

I am about to leave for one week vacation with my family, so this week I will take with me several decks (I cannot travel light... each time I leave home, I have to bring several decks "just in case"....)
I will take 5 decks : one for each element, plus a bonus deck :

- The Cheimonette tarot (for water)
- The Sacred Bridges tarot (for fire)
- The Druidcraft tarot (for earth)
- the Fountain tarot (for air)
- the Vanessa tarot (as a bonus, because my aunt gave it to me for Christmas, and I will see my aunt this week, so I wish to treat her to a reading with this one)

I know it is an awul lot of decks and I will probably end up not using them all, but this is what I pack in my little suitcase !

Thank you !

Madame Squee

Hey Carojulie, :)

I love your idea of assigning a deck to each element! It's a logical and scientific method that makes for a well-rounded selection.

:thumbsup:

VGimlet

Welcome Back Rose Lalonde, and have a great vacation Carojulie!

I am not sure about a month with the Secret Forest - don't quite know why I wanted to use it for 4 weeks....but we'll see. Makes me think I need to go back and see if my tastes have changed enough to add decks I skipped the first time through...no. Maybe later. LOL.

RavenOfSummer

Hello all! I'll join again this week with the same decks- Celtic Wisdom Tarot and Shamanic Healing Oracle. I've been meaning to write up some thoughts on my experience with the Celtic Wisdom and will do that this week :)

DaughterOfDanu

CharlotteK blackened the edges of her Tarot of Trees copy a while back and I thought it looked great so I used the same technique to blacken the edges of my Rock n Roll Tarot yesterday. I think it looks much better with the black borders that are on the front and back. I'll be doing the same to my Tarot of Trees next.

I woke up to an email that my standard sized Starchild Tarot has been shipped. Now the wait begins!

Rose Lalonde

Tabula Mundi and Sephiroth

I drew the Hierophant for my ~daily~ draw. (Not actually a daily, since I've had it on the table for 5 days now!)

I'm about 46 or so cards into posting about each from Tabula Mundi and am loving that deck.

Both the TM and Sephiroth Hierophants have a headdress with Taurus bull horns, and both draw attention to the Hebrew letter vau -- TM by showing a nail pinning a 6 pointed star from above to below . Sephiroth by showing the Hierophant with a hand to his ear as though hearing, the action attributed to vau. -- Often, as in RWS, it's others who are listening to the Heirophant's wisdom, but I like the way Sephiroth has flipped it so that it's the initiate himself who's listening. Crowley says he, "seems to be enjoying a very secret joke at somebody's expense," but that's not what I get from this card. Or at least, I think of listening as a way of being open and widening attention.