Lust and Wheel of Fortune

MasterJm

Trying to understand the meaning of that combination philosophical and symbolically generally. Any idea ?

ravenest

That is a very general and non-specific question so the answer has to be general too ... just going on the 'teaching' of both cards - The first thing that comes to mind for me is to use both the formulas of 3 and 7. (Which are the main ones I tend to use anyway).

In the Wheel the 'self' or the 'operator' is somewhat concealed and the external 'actions' are more obvious. Crowley writes about the three Gunas as the three Gods on this Wheel. Perhaps the best description of this - the dynamic between the 3 and the 'hidden on in the centre of their triangle' is in Crowleys Rite of Jupiter;

" C.I.C.T. : 'Feeling, and thought, and ecstasy
Are but the cerements of Me.
Thrown off like planets from the Sun
Ye ae but satellites of the One.
But should your revolution stop
Ye would inevitably drop
Headlong within the central Soul,
And all the parts become the Whole.
Sloth and activity and peace,
When will ye learn that ye must cease?' "

http://hermetic.com/crowley/the-rites-of-eleusis/jupiter.html

In Lust the 'operator' or 'self' is revealed , very UNsecret, flamboyant even. Here the 'external actions' or 'viewpoints' are 7 , usually significant of the planets.

MandMaud

I don't know Thoth, but aren't the associations Leo and Jupiter? I'm joining in so as to watch this thread, as I have both Sun and Jupiter very near to each other, in Leo so it interests me. My feelings about the card combination would start with fire... trying your luck maybe? Trying your hand at things? Having plenty of get-up-and-go. And yes, openness obviously, out-thereness.

MasterJm

Thank you for the answers

Aeon418

Fortune and Lust paired suggests to me the Circulation(Atu X) of Vital Force(Atu XI).

Wheel is of course the meaning of the word, Chakra. The 7 heads of the Beast can be directly related to the chakras.

The reins held by Babalon yoke together the heads/chakras with the sexual force. Note the location of the loop in the reins and the focus of the Lady Babalon towards the Lion Serpent.

A link back to Fortune is via the Hebrew letter Kaph, spelt KPh. The cognate Greek letters are Kapp Phi. These are the initials of Keteis and Phallos, giving a link back to the sexual force. Indeed the Wheel itself is an emblem of the Lingam-Yoni.

MasterJm

Fortune and Lust paired suggests to me the Circulation(Atu X) of Vital Force(Atu XI).

Wheel is of course the meaning of the word, Chakra. The 7 heads of the Beast can be directly related to the chakras.

The reins held by Babalon yoke together the heads/chakras with the sexual force. Note the location of the loop in the reins and the focus of the Lady Babalon towards the Lion Serpent.

A link back to Fortune is via the Hebrew letter Kaph, spelt KPh. The cognate Greek letters are Kapp Phi. These are the initials of Keteis and Phallos, giving a link back to the sexual force. Indeed the Wheel itself is an emblem of the Lingam-Yoni.

Very interesting. Thank you.