The Wild Unknown tarot - IX Swords

Pixna

My husband is having eye surgery tomorrow. He's not overly anxious about it, but I am.

This morning I drew the IX of Swords as my daily draw. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it! What better card to express my concerns about this situation!

Just thought I'd share (and maybe give you a laugh too).

DarlingTarot

9 of swords

Love this card! Love all your perspectives! I am so interested in this one as it is so graphic and disturbing and full of energy. And I just pulled it as my daily card...

As I understand it, the swords represent different states of mind. The mind is usually a place of suffering - and ways of making things worse (!) Yes, this is the nightmare card of the Rider Waite - and I had always looked at it as a "things aren't as bad as you imagine" kind of card. But there is the element of the subconscious making suffering on a deep level, that is a form of reality, one form anyways.

Now that I have been working with the Wild unknown, and studying Angeles Arrien, I am seeing the swords as cards relating to the journey of our psychological patterns and where we are in terms of seeing the patterns and shifting them - bringing our unconscious suffering to light so that we may be aware of our reactions and programming.

9 of swords in some other decks is related to Mars in Gemini. This means the aggressive (Mars) way that we pick at or re-work things (Gemini). What if this card had to do with getting down to the guts of something- the deepest part of the core of a painful experience - so that we may root out the pattern and fully compost it into the new way?

It is one thing to be aware that we all have certain sufferings from our early years - it is the major work, however, to go super deep into the details of it - much like digging up a corpse and making sure it is being worked on to be transformed. Here in this card, I see the deepest work of looking at our ugliest parts and exposing the work we are doing to really transform our thought patterns at the core.

This card could point to a possible trigger, that something will bring up some deep pain and that the purpose is to Look (the eyes) at it, and not turn away. Look deeply into it and see how nature heals us if we work with her to transform our dead parts into compost for our new parts.
Look at our shadow, look at our ugly parts, our disassociated parts, the process that is ugly but very real and very productive.