Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

8 Pentacles adjectives

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
Knowing this really puts a card like the 8/Wands into perspective. It's not just speed, it's that the situation has gained limits (adjustments) that allow things to go super fast. Like, as per your bicycle, when the cyclist brings in arms, lowers the head, and gets into tight, racing position. It "limits" their freedom of movement, but in turn, allows for them to go much faster—and maintain control of the bike.
I had an eye-opening experience with the 8 of Wands in a public reading I did not long ago. In most decks the eight staves are all driving toward the same destination, in perfect formation. But I happened to be using the Connolly deck, in which the staves are flying all over the sky like someone is starting a game of "pick-up-sticks." It suggests "free-fall" more than "speed." I told my client the card looked ambivalent or "all up in the air" rather than accelerating toward a goal, an observation with which she readily agreed.
Top   #11
Citizen

mysticangel_001 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
This is a card about trying to get consistency, efficiency and a steady profit. And remember that "limitation/adjustment" Barleywine and I are discussing. The person has likely decided that certain thoughts and feelings are not "profitable." They waste time, and achieve nothing. So they've decided to not indulge in those thoughts/feelings. They will, instead, try to keep to thoughts/feelings that speed them toward their goal.

Remember when your parents told you: "Throwing a temper tantrum and complaining about doing chores isn't getting them done and isn't getting you out of them..." That's the way this person sees thoughts and feelings. Mature, realistic, common sense.

In short, their thoughts/feelings are "just keep swimming." Because anything else: fear, anger, frustration, "she hates me!" even "she loves me!" is going to slow them down and maybe stop things from happening. They are not going to let thoughts/feelings run wild.
That makes a lot of sense. So it isn't so much about holding oneself back as finding a different perspective of what is happening.
Top   #12
Life is an Elephant

Ace 
Life is an Elephant

One last word: Focus (or concentration)

Hard work, productive.
barb
Top   #13
Citizen

mysticangel_001 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
One last word: Focus (or concentration)

Hard work, productive.
barb

That is a good one, too. Thank you.
Top   #14
Citizen

Curious1 
Citizen

Minding one's own business. LOL!

Okay...that's not an adjective...how about
disciplined
Top   #15
Citizen

snowmoon 
Citizen

8 of P
with combination, working magick,
Top   #16
Citizen

mysticangel_001 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious1 View Post
Minding one's own business. LOL!

Okay...that's not an adjective...how about
disciplined

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmoon View Post
8 of P
with combination, working magick,
Thank you both/everyone. I am getting some good idea's for how to interpret this card. It is good to have some alternate ideas when I find myself stuck.
Top   #17

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.